• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc+ is crap.

cali

* Ace Member *
Just sayin. I am disappoint. I got the very last Roc left in my player pack for a tournament a few weeks ago. I broke it out today and was pumped to throw it, grip it. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU- Roc+ rim. Now I've thrown them before and hate them. I said ef it I'll give it another try. First throw, slips out. Second throw, slips out. Third throw, strike three this disc sucks a fat D.

/rant, cool story bro.

Seriously though, I really hate those things.

I haven't thrown one yet, but the ones I've held felt awful in my hand, I didn't like that slanted rim one bit.

It's DX but I've thrown the R-Pro and a gummy Star one too. They slip out early every damn time. I have to completely re-adjust my release point and almost force myself to griplock.

They slip out early every damn time. I have to completely re-adjust my release point and almost force myself to griplock.

i didn't bother taking more than a couple dozen throws with one along with an assortment of regular ranchos before coming to similar conclusions.

traded it.

Hmm, I haven't had a single issue, and Rocs are a good 60% of all my throws.

Maybe I'm bad.

As silly as it seems, the roc and the roc+ are different molds, the roc+ is more overstable and has a slanted inner rim.

As silly as it seems, the roc and the roc+ are different molds, the roc+ is more overstable and has a slanted inner rim.

I'm aware lol.

I don't find it to be more overstable at all. My r-pro is pretty darn straight. Thrown right after a fresh DX, it held the same line and landed roughly on the same spot.

I meant I had no issues with the +'s slanted rim. Then again, I don't have a problem throwing any Lat stuff either.

Yeah, the + in Roc+ stands for the extra strokes you get when throwing them.

th_rimshot.gif

yah i tryed a roc for a week or so but i hate the inconstancy so i went to a wasp about a year ago, its over stable all ways reliable, i can drive it about 350-370 on a rip or i can hit tigh lines in the woods. i liked a dx roc but after 5 or 6 trees it turns in to a roller, and the roc+ is crap all togeather

yah i tryed a roc for a week or so but i hate the inconstancy so i went to a wasp about a year ago, its over stable all ways reliable, i can drive it about 350-370 on a rip or i can hit tigh lines in the woods. i liked a dx roc but after 5 or 6 trees it turns in to a roller, and the roc+ is crap all togeather

werst fusrt poast evar?

this post makes me sad, i love my r-pro roc+s. i don't know how you have an issue with a disc that grippy slipping out of your hand. you can feel free to give all of them that you don't like to me :thmbup:

new vs old

Have you thrown rocs in the past? I learned with the older mold so the roc+ feels strange. My general impressions are that folks that seem to like them are newer to the disc while folks that find them uncomfortable are used to the older mold.

Latest posts