• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs Classic Roc vs Buzz

Roc vs Classic Roc vs Buzz

• Roc

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Buzz

Votes: 68 56.2%

• Total voters

Albatross

I currently have an eclipse 178g and am looking for another mid range (I know the eclipse is labeled ad a driver, but lets be real it is a mid range) to compliment it. which of the 3 would be the best?

nooooo :wall: I am sure you will find your answer in the other Buzz v Roc threads.

for future references Newbies these are off limits for new Threads:
1. "Is this an ace"
2. "Do you return discs"
3. "Innova or Disccraft" or "Buzz Vs Roc"

Last edited:
It is not a real rule, just an overdone topic, Welcome to the site.
our disc experts are Discspeed and Threeputt if you don't find what you are looking for, those guys know all about their plastics.

Does it count on top of the basket if it's a Roc? Or does it have to be a classic? Do I call only if it's a Buzzz? Or what? Thanks....

Classic Roc can almost be considered a putter. Here's the cliff notes on Buzzz vs. Roc (two different discs by the way):

Buzzz: Beadless, comfy for most, faster, does straight with slight fade like nobody's business. My vote: Z or Glow Z Buzzz.

Roc: Beaded which can irk some people, comes in many varieties, shapes more/better lines generally than Buzzz. My vote: DX bottom stamp rancho with some slight dome but most DX Ranchos are great anyway and a great value.

I really like my flat top roc, my classic Ontario, and I am starting to learn how to throw my Star San Marino.
I have a pro d buzz that I tacoed that I used to like, I have a higher quality Buzzz on the way

Really, I'd like to know what the Eclipse is doing for you. I could assume I know what it is doing, but that is different from actually knowing what it is doing. From there I'd know better what might compliment it.

which disc would fly straighter/hold lines better?

Assuming both are new, easily the Buzz. Rocs are a lot more stable, which means they'll take more manipulation to fly straight or anny, not that either is impossible.

Both discs can go left, straight or right, new or well worn. It's the thrower that matters, not the disc. Both are great mids. If you suck with one, it's because you suck at throwing, not because there's a magical mold out there that will cure all of one's throwing ills.

Personally I say pick whichever one feels better in your hand.

Really, I'd like to know what the Eclipse is doing for you. I could assume I know what it is doing, but that is different from actually knowing what it is doing. From there I'd know better what might compliment it.

The eclipse is a longer range approach disc, for me at least. It is heavier and a little more overstable so it goes good into the wind. I am looking for one that flies straighter, with less fade at the end. Maybe the new mid range should be a little lighter? Not sure exactly what I want...

The eclipse is a longer range approach disc, for me at least. It is heavier and a little more overstable so it goes good into the wind. I am looking for one that flies straighter, with less fade at the end. Maybe the new mid range should be a little lighter? Not sure exactly what I want...

I'd go with the Classic Roc as it should be the least overstable of the three. An Aviar XD might work for you even better.

Hmmm...If you want something less stable than an Eclipse, none of the discs you listed will get you there. You would need a Wolf or a Breeze or something like that.

On the other hand, if your Eclipse is overstable you probably need to do some form work. You might be getting your throws nose up, causing the disc to stall and hyzer out. Or it could be a arm speed issue. At any rate, the Eclipse is super flippy and really should not be your "into the wind" disc no matter how heavy it is. A Roc or a Buzzz either one would be a good disc to work with if you are looking to improve.

Hmmm...If you want something less stable than an Eclipse, none of the discs you listed will get you there. You would need a Wolf or a Breeze or something like that.

On the other hand, if your Eclipse is overstable you probably need to do some form work. You might be getting your throws nose up, causing the disc to stall and hyzer out. Or it could be a arm speed issue. At any rate, the Eclipse is super flippy and really should not be your "into the wind" disc no matter how heavy it is. A Roc or a Buzzz either one would be a good disc to work with if you are looking to improve.

I may have misspoke, I want something more stable than the eclipse.

I may have misspoke, I want something more stable than the eclipse.
Well, you can go Buzzz or Roc. Or Core. Or QMS. Or Comet. Maybe Mako, Coyote, Skeeter, Spider, Cro, Element, GM, MD1, Shark, Hawk, Wasp, # 3 Flyer, Aftershock...Really there are a TON of good mids. Ya kinda just have to pick one and go with it for awhile. The safe bets are Buzzz and Roc; flip a coin and roll with it.

Latest posts