• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs Classic Roc vs Buzz

Roc vs Classic Roc vs Buzz

• Roc

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Buzz

Votes: 68 56.2%

• Total voters
I'm imagining you sitting at the computer as you type this and I chuckle.:p
Seriously, when I started playing my choices for a midrange were Roc, Shark, Cobra, Vortex, and Spitfire. Maybe you could throw in a Condor or something like that. The pickin's were slim, and most of us ended up chucking Rocs.

Now there are a bunch of good discs out there. Take the Spider for example. The Spider is a solid disc. It covers a lot of shots, so if you only want to carry one mid it's a good choice. It's a smaller diameter mid so you can sidearm it pretty well. It's not really great at anything, but it's solid. I think probably becasue it's not great at anything, it doesn't stand out and it never gets recommended. It gets lost in the sea of mids. It's still a good disc, and if this guy picked it up it would probably help his game.

It's the embarrassment of riches. There are tons of solid mid ranges out there. At some point, 'ya just gotta pick one and huck that sucker.

Nix the Classic Roc (not stable enough).
Pick between the Buzzz or Roc...either is good and both can do whatever you want them to (or at least hold most lines) with practice.

I carry all three. Star Roc for hyzer finishes, Glo Z Buzzz for annies, and a DX Classic Roc for shorter hyzers, and a DX XD for shorter Annies.

Core, Core, Core. It's a Buzzz with more glide. I think. Ask Three Putt. Roc is good but has big bead and weird feel to some. Buzzz is less stable, but feels good. Latitude Core is ALL good. Not quite as stable as the Roc, but it is a great all-around mid. One disc for everything. Good plastics too. Go for it.

I carry all three. Star Roc for hyzer finishes, Glo Z Buzzz for annies, and a DX Classic Roc for shorter hyzers, and a DX XD for shorter Annies.

not real good at math, but isn't that 4 discs? lol i totally am throwing all 3's or better on your score card!

I tried playing one disc with a roc and buzz. As most people report, it seems like the roc takes a little higher line to get there. But they were so similar as drivers.

The big difference, I found, was that the roc powers down a lot differently. The buzz fades earlier and harder when powered down than the roc. Is that typical?

I have a couple of buzzes I use and I find them the most useful, I also have an old CE ROC that I just cant get to do.what I want. So overall I prefer the buzzz.

I tried playing one disc with a roc and buzz. As most people report, it seems like the roc takes a little higher line to get there. But they were so similar as drivers.

The big difference, I found, was that the roc powers down a lot differently. The buzz fades earlier and harder when powered down than the roc. Is that typical?
Yeah, pretty much. The Buzzz is a faster disc than the Roc, hell, it's a faster mid than most. That's most of the appeal, guys that like to throw hard and low lines like a driver tend to prefer the Buzzz. Guys that like to throw putters or glide the disc towards the target tend to prefer the Roc. The differences are nuanced but sometimes style trumps all.

kc pro roc all the way. buzz for one rounds though. but i sugest you buy one of each. all are great discs

Yeah, pretty much. The Buzzz is a faster disc than the Roc, hell, it's a faster mid than most. That's most of the appeal, guys that like to throw hard and low lines like a driver tend to prefer the Buzzz. Guys that like to throw putters or glide the disc towards the target tend to prefer the Roc. The differences are nuanced but sometimes style trumps all.

That's about the best description I've read recently. I use my Buzzz for longer faster fairway approaches and my KC Roc for more up and down chip shot approaches. When I try to switch the two discs for the other shots, it just doesn't work.

There's also a thread/post out there (and I can't find it for the life of me, perhaps it was by BroD also) where when choosing between a Roc or a Buzzz, imagine yourself on the teepad holding a disc. Is it a driver? Then throw a Buzzz. Putter? Roc.

Roc fanboy here, I could never throw a Buzzz because it never felt right.

I've started giving this advice on picking a mid:

What do you love to throw? When you step up in the box, what do you want in your hand? Imagine what that disc looks like and feels like in your hand. Now, was the disc you were thinking about a driver? Throw a Buzzz. Was the disc you were thinking about a putter? Throw a Roc. Was the disc you were thinking about a mid? Throw that.
This one?

Latest posts