• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc Without Bead?

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
Ive been carrying rocs since I started playing and lately I have been having trouble getting a good release on them. I also have a Core that I use and love for my straight shots, but I also need something more stable with more fade. I have come to the conclusion that the bead on the roc is the reason for this. Is there a disc out there that has the flight characteristics of a roc without the bead?

You could try a z buzzz, it's not exactly the same flight but you can execute a lot of the same shots with it.

I have a Core which i use for straight shots and it is just about the same as a buzz

Star Cro. Smaller diameter mid. No bead. Comfortable inthe hand if you don't like big beads. Good stability. It's not a Roc, but it's a good compliment to a Core. Nice stable approach disc or all-around mid.

Star Cro. Smaller diameter mid. No bead. Comfortable inthe hand if you don't like big beads. Good stability. It's not a Roc, but it's a good compliment to a Core. Nice stable approach disc or all-around mid.
Yea the Cro might be a good way to go here. I use the cro as my go to mid range, I like the way I can throw a Roc but it feels so weird coming out of the hand.

I always new I was a freaking genius. I've just had trouble convincing other people.

The original Roc was created using an XD and adding a bead, so a real beadless Roc would be the original XD.

The xd with a bead was the original roc, but it's nothing like today's roc. It was smaller diameter and much slower, now it's the classic roc mold which is closer to a putter than a mid.

The xd with a bead was the original roc, but it's nothing like today's roc. It was smaller diameter and much slower, now it's the classic roc mold which is closer to a putter than a mid.

Correct, that's why I called it the "original" Roc. :p

Latest posts