• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roller Ace

Anyone ever see a roller go in chains??

Anyone ever see disc that was rolled go in the basket??

I'm just curious because it seems very rare for this to happen. And, well I was lucky enough to have this happen to me.

Hole #7 at Nockamixon park is a hanging basket. (A pin suspended by chains from a tree limb) and my only approach shot was through a "V" shaped tree. I overhead rolled my Spider and sure enough it hits a root pops up then hits another root. From my angle it seemed I would over shoot but then that sound that sounds like angels singing chimmed in...CHINGGGGGGG

So anyone else have a story with a lot of luck haha or just something happened you didn't assume could? I'de love to here your stories.

A few years ago I was playing early in the a.m. after an overnight ice storm. All the trees were hanging way low and the course (Hudson Mills) was looking extra wicked on the tighter holes.

On #10 Monster the pin is flanked by two very large cedars. I rolled one that reached the tree on the left dead center and rolled a few feet up the trunk. The disc turned right as it traveled along some low hanging, icy branches before hitting the ice covered and stiff chains, which it glanced off and fell to the ground. Doh! Close but no cigar.

Haven't had a roller anywhere near chains otherwise.

Joe

My son has a disc called a Wheel that I believe is illegal to use in tourney play.

He's developed a fluke shot where he will throw the disc hard into the ground on it's edge and it will bounce into the chains. He can do it up to about 20' from the basket.

The disc will go through the chains quite a bit but when it sticks, it's a real eye opener.

Woodpecker

There's an awesome story about a pro hitting a blind roller ace in that thread. Make sure you read it.

Latest posts