• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Round Ratings

The technicality field is already part of the system, it's just a private admin field that I can adjust as needed.

*whew* I was waiting for Timg to post this before talking about it. ;) Yes, there is now a new internal-only field that actually controls which of the three 'foliage value' SSE formulas is being used for each course. So if anyone finds a course where the SSE formula, based on the 'correct' foliage value just isn't coming out right, it can now be internally corrected.

I just imputed two rounds? Were do you see the rating?

Imputing scores is too ethereal. You actually have to input them.

Start with selecting a "Tee Played" to fill in the distances (and then you can modify them if needed). Then after you have input the scores (for all holes) you will see a rating 2nd column from the right in the score summary.

Looking at your scorebook, it appears you did not select a tee....so the rating is listed as "n/a"

Hey Tim, is there any way you could make our scorebook rounds sortable by rating? If there's already a way to do so, I'm not seeing it.

The technicality field is already part of the system, it's just a private admin field that I can adjust as needed.

:hfive:

Now maybe I'll read less whining. :D

Yeah. Boone is giving me a rating, but not Idlewild. I added the 24 holes just to see if it makes a difference but no bueno!

Looks like you need the lengths for A-F on your scorecard. That should fix it.

Hey Tim, is there any way you could make our scorebook rounds sortable by rating? If there's already a way to do so, I'm not seeing it.
Not yet, I plan to do that when I have a chance.

So I'm an 866-rated golfer and shot a round rated 1061 according to DGCR. Pretty cool to be able to see that!

jeverett knows a lot more about why that might be happening than me, maybe he can take a look. I do see that the SSE at Lemon Lake is *very* generous which could be the issue.

Yeah, that was a good round but not nearly that good. The tournament next day was in similar conditions and the hot score on that layout was a 52 which was 1016 rated.

I think part of it is the distance and the fact that it's listed as moderately hilly and heavily wooded... There are some holes with elevation in play, but it's mostly on the flat side. That, and the wooded holes have pretty generous fairways, it doesn't play like east coast woods. Last but not least, the bomber field holes that really add a lot to the distance are all wide open or have 40ft wide fairways.

I adjusted the SSE and recalculated the course ratings. Lowest I can get the SSE for the golf layout is 55 which is more realistic than the 60 something it was.

Are the SSE's updated for the new Lemon lake layouts.....?
The last time I put my scores in, DGCR still had the outdated distances.

Check the date on the hole info tab. If the distances are wrong feel free to update them, just click the "Update Hole Info" tab at the bottom of the distance chart.

I adjusted the SSE and recalculated the course ratings. Lowest I can get the SSE for the golf layout is 55 which is more realistic than the 60 something it was.

Yep, I think the ~55 may be about the most-accurate fit for that course. :p How are people's ratings coming out now? :)

Ok now I'm confused........ Ran a B Tier yesterday and had 16 MA3s play from short tees.
10 of them have PDGA #s

5 of them have ratings but only TWO are listed as propagators??
One guy that's NOT a propagator has 22 rounds that make up his rating, WHY isn't he a propagator?