• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Round Ratings

Well, this a pretty darn neat feature. I've never really used to scorebook, let alone put in detailed rounds (hole by hole). But it looks like I'll be transcribing whatever rounds I have recorded in my PDGA app to figure out my projected rating.

Encourage app makers to setup their apps to upload rounds to DGCR, it's totally free for them.

I'm a numbers junkie but a 59 year old newbie here. I've entered my 3 lifetime rounds. Here are these ratings? Am I missing something or don't have access???

Rod

You need at least 5 rounds to generate a player rating.

Awesome. Yet ANOTHER reason to love this game. NUMBERS. Thank you. Now to have to convince my old friends this is not a child's frisbee game.

It appears that you're using the "quick round" to enter your scores as well, round ratings are only generated for "complete" scorecards so you have to put in your score for each hole.

it is interesting to see how much I suck:)

Judging by how much higher your PDGA rating is compared to your DGCR rating, I'm suspecting that many of your recorded rounds may be on courses/layouts that don't fit the DGCR SSE formulas very well at all. Do any courses/layouts in your scorebook stand out as anomalies?

round ratings are only generated for "complete" scorecards so you have to put in your score for each hole.

OH - are these just accumulated or a moving average???

Your 59, and still worried what your friends think?

No - I'm trying to get them to play disc golf along WITH ball golf!

OH - I guess I'll start over. I WAS keeping all holes but got lazy and my app needed reading glasses so I said screw it! Being a card counter in BJ it was easy to +1 +2 and so forth LOL

Your 59, and still worried what your friends think?

No no - just trying to talk "old" friends into it. A few still think it's played with a Frisbee!

So there is no way to have ratings for non complete rounds? My home course is 24 holes and I generally play a mix that is normally only 19-20 holes. (Still getting in shape and all 24 take me a while :(). Figured i mght check and see if there was a work around when 18+ holes are involved.

What are your thoughts on only using rounds from say the last year in the rating Timg? If you can even make that happen. For people who have been recording rounds for years it doesn't make much sense for a round they played 3 years ago to be in the rating.

The rating is based on your last 12 rounds (if you have enough data). If you don't I'll go back as far as I need to for 12 rounds. I'll base the rating on less than 12 rounds if that's all you have in your scorebook (you need at least 5 for a rating).

In case someone else runs into this if you accidentally skip a hole when recording or make a mistake that makes the system not give you a score you have to start again from scratch. Editing your entry doesn't seem to give you a score.

Latest posts