• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rubber Tee pads...

jartiv

Birdie Member
So I am looking for ways to improve my home course, and one thing that most disc golfers here want is to make the tees larger. We have rectangular concrete pads right now, but I was thinking about adding rubber pads to the back of each tee to add some run up room... several questions about rubber pads:

1. Are they cheap? How much?

2. Where do I find them?

3. What is their durability like?

4. How do they feel?

5. Slippery when wet?

TIA

I can speak to your #4: the main thing about rubber tees is that the ground surface underneath has got to be level, otherwise the surface of the rubber will confirm to irregularities and give you an uneven launchpad, which imo is not good.

The other thing I can say is that I've seen "standard" (Fly 18) rubber teepads and I've also seen four-foot squares of rubber mat. These are butted up against each other to make a "teepad" that's 4x12 feet - plenty big enough but the edges of the squares do not lie flat against each other. They curl up a bit over time, which means that your feet have to lift off the pad high enough to clear the ridges. Also imo not good.

There's a lot more I could say but hey - it's early in the morning and everybody's got an opinion, right? :D

1. Are they cheap? How much?

Cheap is relative. Expect to pay about $90 each and a minimum order of 9+ And $200 freight, they'll be dropped off from a semi. They come with hardware to bolt them down.

2. Where do I find them?

http://fly18.com/flypads/flypads.htm

3. What is their durability like?

It varies. We've had some come apart, some still look great.

see this other thread too

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812&highlight=Fly18
4. How do they feel?

Good

5. Slippery when wet?

Nope, nor when dirty.

Last edited:
I just played on some a few days ago and had a little snow on them and didn't have any problem with them.

This topic has been covered by past threads, its a split about whether people like them or not. I personally hate them becouse the ones ive used were slippery and all around crappy rubber pads. There might be some good rubber tee pads though but I havent seen any good ones.

Latest posts