• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rumble at Ravenwood Hermitage TN June 26-29

Deuces

Par Member
This looks incredible.

http://www.rumbleatravenwood.com/

The hole's footage and par:

Hole # Footage Par

1 450' 3
2 725' 4
3 574' 4
4 635' 4
5 465' 3
6 327' 3
7 600' 4
8 660' 4
9 291' 3
10 345' 3
11 240' 3
12 310' 3
13 300' 3
14 330' 3
15 400' 3
16 245' 3
17 363' 3
18 642' 4
19 1065' 5
20 775' 4
21 335' 3
22 305' 3
23 615' 4
24 425' 3
25 312' 3
26 510' 3
27 1160' 5

Total 13,404' Par 93

So basically, they are laying out a temp course with the USDGC baskets and setup provided by Innova on a ball golf course that will be longer than Flyboy Aviation... :eek:

Yes please!!! :thmbup:

"The front 9 has 5 par 4's. The middle 9 has 8 par 3's.The back 9 is like a final 9 for All Divisions playing the Blue tees..it's length is 5,502 ft. It took 3 & 1/2 weeks to design, a lot of walking, a lot of shots thrown, 3000 miles driving from work to the course, help from Bobby Brodie and 2 lengthy phone conversations with "The Champ" Kelly Wnek Ken Climo and All we
want is for everyone to Enjoy themselves and walk away feeling like they got their money's worth!!
...Elevations play a huge factor on this course. For example the 510ft. downhill hole 26 was parked with a roc by Jay Skinner. It landed 2ft. from the waters edge. All bunkers except for 1 will play OB. Play it from where it was last inbounds. There are no ropes, no island holes, no mando's ALL natural OB's. Water, roads, cart paths and concrete. Hope everyone Enjoys this course and this Event!! So many people have worked very hard and are still working hard to ensure that your experience is Amazing... Thank You in advance for your support!! #fortheloveofthegame #growOursport #Cloud9discgolf #InnovaChampionDiscs #Lightning100 #TeamGreene. Radio announcements on Lightning 100 radio station start tomorrow. 103 registered...77 spots available!!"

from Dan Sisk <-- TD

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Where did you hear $8K added? I think the official flier will be posted this week.

Well hello CY. That was a number BB mentioned as we were eating about 3 weeks ago.

Now on to more exciting news from the TD:

"So, I have been posting a lot about the course, here's some things Bobby Brodie & his group of go getter's have been working on. On top of working on the course. Not only will competitor's have free water but lunch is provided Saturday & Sunday no-charge. Also talking with Jersey Mike's, & they are interested in feeding all competitor's & staff for 1 of the practice days. We are also working on a possible Coffee truck for the weekend. All competitor's and staff will be issued a bracelet for the four days or how ever many days you are here and that will be for your Free food and your admittance for both practice days as the course is closed to the public!! .Player packs are looking Good..for sure. Am payout on site , large selection of quality Discs!! 1,000.00$ 6 hole skins match for top 4 scores (not to exceed 5 golfer's) from ANY DIVISION playing the Blue Tees. So Intermediate mens, advanced mens, Advanced womens, or any Pro Division are battling for 1 of these top 4 or 5 spots. Yes master's & grand Master's div. included.!! Details @ Tournament Central during Friday check-in. Will Cloudnine Discgolf keep the streak alive and give away another backpack Tour Bag as a door prize????? With no purchase necessary for registered player's only??? I want to tell more like cash added but we will wait as the Tournament is almost full and we are still taking sponsorships!!"

I've been looking forward to this tournament since they announced it. I can't wait to get out there and see what they've done. I plan on getting my practice round in on Friday afternoon, June 27th, if anyone wants to join me.

I'm glad it filled up. I hope there is a great turn out for the event that could potentially lead to permanent courses there!

The tournament is now FULL!

I hope everyone will join us at Ravenwood Thursday night at 6pm for a free disc golf clinic hosted by 12X World Champion Ken Climo and 2X World Champion Barry Schultz. This is only the 2nd time these men have done an event like this together and we are honored to have them.

Played the course today. I am an intermediate player and the course is very long with lots of uphill shots.I played from the long tees because everyone I was with is 400 off the tees. I struggled with the distance but still had fun. Got to meet climo and shultz and both where nice enough guys.
l
Its going to be a good tourney and its seems well organized. It will be rough for those of us under 400 on drives and you'll get frustrated with the ob, but if you play safe you can score well.

Good luck to everyone and plan on throwing till it hurts.

any news on whether or not they will be allowing the installation of 3/4 new permanent course at the ravenwood location after the tournament?

Played the course today. I am an intermediate player and the course is very long with lots of uphill shots.I played from the long tees because everyone I was with is 400 off the tees. I struggled with the distance but still had fun. Got to meet climo and shultz and both where nice enough guys.
l
Its going to be a good tourney and its seems well organized. It will be rough for those of us under 400 on drives and you'll get frustrated with the ob, but if you play safe you can score well.

Good luck to everyone and plan on throwing till it hurts.

If I remember correctly, everyone but Rec is playing from the long tees. I can't swear to that though. I can't remember where I read that. Maybe the facebook page.

it was a great tournament on some great property. I really hope that they can talk the city into making it a disc golf complex. I played rec and ended up shooting 184 for the weekend (-2) which I think was good enough for 8th, but the results aren't up yet. the first day I went OB just once and shot a 92, then the 2nd day I went OB 5 times and shot the same. I guess I played better?? Nearly got an ace on 16. hit the pole. so close!

Climo shot 20 and 22 under from the blue tees. ridiculous. it was a pleasure to walk with the final group for a bit to watch them do their thing.

but the results aren't up yet.
any idea when scores will be up? So many great things going on with this event but a shame that it is the only tournament this past weekend that does not have scores posted.

NorthAlabamaDiscGolf filmed the lead card on Sunday. He should have it on his youtube channel in a couple of weeks

Latest posts