• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sabre Identification

C. B.1

Par Member
I got a Translucent E Sabre (with horrible glittery red stamp) but noticed the weight/mold marking on the rim.
Anyone know what all this jazz means? F? X?

PIC-0419.jpg

Black or silver stamp would have looked great...
PIC-0420.jpg

FX are a bit more stable. They cooled them on a fixture so it cools of differently

Dave just sent me one of those orangish Sabres. They feel fantastic.

What do you think the S means at the end? Typically, They just say "E-FX."

I assumed S for Sabre.

I was surprised how flexible it was. My first thought was "Finally! An flx/champ gazelle!"

Dave, that makes sense. Yesterday I threw it in the field with a stack of S Sabres, and it faded harder than the rest.

This disc could then be perfect to remain more stable as a control driver while the s sabres beat in to straight and turnover.

i think my crappy cell phone camera distorted the pic somehow.
the stamp - ugly as it is - is centered

If one was going to give sabres a try, which type should they persue. I want to try them but I am concerned because each run seems to be so different. And I don't feel like hunting down older runs. Should I just wait until they settle down their mold?

I don't have much experience with sabres (I had an old super stiff S one that I hated) but I got to feel some of these new E ones, and they certainly feel like they would be great discs.

They haven't change the Sabre mold in a long, long time. You'll get some small differences from run to run, but it's probably one of their most consistently run discs. E's are faster, and have a bit more low speed fade to them. But both the S and the E are pretty straight when compared to fairway drivers from other companies.

I realize that I have a freak-ish Sabre but it take much more to get my Sabre to fly straight than my Gazelles and Cyclones.

My Sabre is like a new Gazelle on steroids. Maybe like the Champ Gazelles (I haven't thrown one.)

Jsw said:
If one was going to give sabres a try, which type should they persue. I want to try them but I am concerned because each run seems to be so different. And I don't feel like hunting down older runs. Should I just wait until they settle down their mold?

I'd say try a base plastic one first. Cheaper. Less guilt if you don't like it. I have a 174g S Sabre on my trade list (cheap plug).

In my experience, Sabres take a lot more power to hyzer flip than a Gazelle or Cyclone. Sabres need to be pretty beat to get them to flip much at all initially. As they get beaten in, the low speed fade seems to disappear quicker than the high speed stability, which straightens them out even more.

just look for flatter ones if you want a good one. every run of flat sabres that i've thrown is great. i got one of these new sabres and it was way domey but i flattened it out. very nice now :)

they start out a little overstable, but after some hits they become really straight and stay that way for a long time.

ner02 said:
In my experience, Sabres take a lot more power to hyzer flip than a Gazelle or Cyclone. Sabres need to be pretty beat to get them to flip much at all initially. As they get beaten in, the low speed fade seems to disappear quicker than the high speed stability, which straightens them out even more.
Yeah, more HSS, less LSS and less carry than a Gazelle or Cyclone is how I'd describe a Sabre. Because of the lack of LSS and extra HSS the higher you throw them nose down the farther they'll go.

Latest posts