• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saddest loss ever? To our lost discs.

perfectly beat opto striker! had just gotten it to that point and had a TERRIBLE throw that hit water and was gone:(((

I couldn't even guess in how many I've lost, but I've learned to accept it as part of the game... I'd say the most difficult ones to walk away from have always been my seasoned teebirds. I have left 2 buzzzes right in the middle of the heart of the fairway now and just walked away without realizing it. Last one was a super flat ultra bright old buzzz that was basically my go-to fairway driver with probably a dozen or more metal hits.
No big deal though, it seems there is always something just as good on deck just waiting to be put in The bag.

I love me some early red Comets with a J-Bird stamp on it. I was playing in an Ice Bowl one time and my Comet landed in the snow, and the bottom of the disc became full of snow. I gently tapped the disc on the toe of my shoe, to knock the snow out...And the fricken disc snaps in half!

Should have bought a 100 of them!

had a champ rhyno ive had since 2004, last summer i threw it on a little <200 foot slightly downhill hole with a little river on the right that usually doesnt have enough water in it to matter. it had rained quite a bit the last few days and it actually had quite a current going. i didnt even think about the river being in play and threw the rhyno straight at it. hit the top right of the basket and jumped straight into the river, never to be seen again =(

Nothing memorable for me, but my son's lost a couple of good ones. He managed to lose his first ever ace disc without ever actually throwing it during the round. No idea where or when he lost it, it was just gone from his bag when we returned to the car. It had our contact info. and full cost reward written on the back along with his ace info. Never gotten a call or email. He also lost his very first dye.
I did lose a disc, search forever, finish the whole round, come back to search, and end up finding it with my footprint on top of it. Brilliant.

Worst loss would be a pro tye dye beast perfectly seasoned. Was shooting my best round on the front 9 when it went down into a valley covered in leaves. We searched for a long time with no luck finding it. Had to quit throwing beasts now that I've lost 4 more since then, still have yet to hear a call back from any of them. :mad:

I love me some early red Comets with a J-Bird stamp on it. I was playing in an Ice Bowl one time and my Comet landed in the snow, and the bottom of the disc became full of snow. I gently tapped the disc on the toe of my shoe, to knock the snow out...And the fricken disc snaps in half!

Should have bought a 100 of them!

i did the same thing with a 4x jk valk =/ it is now next to my couple of ace discs lmao

A few years into golfing I'd gotten confident enough to throw something other than dog-eared trash over the lake at #2 Dabney/Portland. I uncorked with a blue 10x KC Pro Eagle, clipped a branch that had slowly been looming from the left over the years and plopped it dead center. Thinking I surely wouldn't do it twice in a row I pulled out an ESP XS and sent it to its gloom.
I retired the Eagle's twin, and haven't thrown Eagles or XSes since.

My most heartbreaking loss was my ce eagle that I used for years in the sludgepool/creek of hole 3 at Rocklin....disaster. I recently drove back to a course up in the hills the next morning to find a lost leopard the night before when it got dark.

I lost my first Ace disc. It took me over a year and a half to get my first ace, after my 2 friends who i started with had 11 aces between them. I aced a Champ Wraith and tried to not use it, but i used it one time and either left it where it laid or the disc gremlin got it.

I lost my first ace disc, which at the time was my favorite driving putter. It was a 178g Proflight stamped Wizard that had the best feeling plastic.

Anyways hole #10 at my home course is real long, 600-650' or so (There are like 5 different lengths I've heard tossed around, but I know it's 575' at a minimum.). About 20' behind the pin is some nasty, nasty ass water. Well I throw a sweet drive and I'm maybe 100-150' out, feeling real confident because I'm throwing good that day. I pull out that ace Wizard and tell myself, "I'm sinking this." Line up my shot, put it up, looks like pure gold...heading straight for chains....nope, just a foot or so too long.

After my friends throw I walk up and don't see it anywhere. I thought it'd be behind the basket, dry, but it wasn't. Didn't see **** in the water even though it's a bright, white disc. Went from thinking I was going to get my first deuce on #10 long pin position and being all excited to realizing I just lost my favorite Wizard.

Also had a freshly minted star katana. On its maiden voyage on hole 15 at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=507 Idlewild. I was on top of the 1st hill, let it rip, the baby turned over into the 9ft tall weeds that hole is notorious for in late summer, and it was never to be found again. Hell, venture too far into those weeds and there is no guarantee that you will ever be found again. I know they cut those weeds once a year or so, so im sure it met its demise under a lawnmower.

Would love to find the Brandon P whose disc I've been throwing more than 10 years now.

old felberg boss. 175g flat gummy
it was also my first ace disc..very special to me.
i lost on hole #11 freedom park
abot 500ft hole at long placement
down hill drive back to up hill...almost like a valley
had a super strong ass tail wind...my boss fliped so nice i thougt it would be the first time being past the pin.
it was not my best thought....the tail wind did not let it come back and lost it in the far left weeds

2 Identical FR ESP nukes same hole 7 days apart right in the river. My buddy last week put his 10x teebird in the river, 3 of his family members had an ace with it including him. He was devastated.

Ring stamp gator with 3 aces on it. The worst part about it is, that in hindsight, that was NOT the disc to be throwing for that shot. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Lost my go-to driver 6 months after really getting into disc golf. It was an 11x Eagle-L w/ Rainbow stamp. I had a great looking drive that went through a small "V" in a tree and straight into a deep creek.

Latest posts