• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Safest and easiest way to remove a stamp?

use paper towel instead of q-tips. A bit of acetone and it should just wipe off unless its a deep stamp. Discraft are the hardest to remove due to this, but innova stamps wipe clean with little to no effort

Acetone will mess up the plastic. I would try soap and water first.

I use Goof-Off adhesive remover. Doesn't damage the disc whatsoever. I use an old sock and it literally just wipes off.

Soap and water won't do a thing.

Acetone is your best bet. Depending on the age of the disc you may have to break out a brillo pad or something similar. Taking stamps off Lat 64 has been toughest in my experience.

I've tried wiping the stamps off discs that've been out in the sun for a long time or weathered and it can be virtually impossible to make a clean wipe. By that time the plastic's color has actually changed and you'll have a nice "stencil" of the stamp burned into the disc.

You guys must have never tried to wipe any mvp if you think discraft and latitude are hard. Acetone and paper towel works fine. Don't wipe too hard or for too long in one spot or you could get scratches.

Silver and gold Innova foil stamps are the easiest. Innova colored stamps can smear so just make one pass with each clean part of the paper towel. Be sure to go over it once again after you think it's done to really clean it up. Discraft circle Z stamps are going to smear (especially white) so take your time.

I used acetone and paper towels a time or two and it seemed like it sort of hazed up the disc. Now I used acetone and the little cotten facial wipe things. They are much easier to work with than cotton balls.

Thanks for the tips. I only want to remove part of a few stamps. Anything else seem to work well?

I always try 91% isopropyl alcohol first, because it takes off most inks quickly and doesn't tend to leave smudges or cloudy residue like acetone can on some plastics (which will usually come clean, just an extra step). If that doesn't work, out comes the acetone.

I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of this: http://www.krudkutter.com/index.php?option=com_products&task=product&pid=5&Itemid=62

Someone on here said it worked great and it gets great reviews all over the place - safe, non-toxic, and biodegradable, too. It's a little more expensive, but if it's that good I can see it replacing the Simple Green and citrus stuff I use a lot, along with the alcohol and acetone.

if you want to preserve part of a stamp, just put a piece of packing tape on it (making sure it's sealed nicely tho)
I use Goof Off btw...

To take certain parts off, acetone and a q-tip buddy. Does not mess the plactic up and works amazing and quickly, barely any scrubbing needed. Depending on the combo you could encounter a bit of smearing but it will wipe with a few more passes. I take off all the gay discmania art and leave just the mold on there. Simple is better for me.

You guys must have never tried to wipe any mvp if you think discraft and latitude are hard. Acetone and paper towel works fine. Don't wipe too hard or for too long in one spot or you could get scratches.

Silver and gold Innova foil stamps are the easiest. Innova colored stamps can smear so just make one pass with each clean part of the paper towel. Be sure to go over it once again after you think it's done to really clean it up. Discraft circle Z stamps are going to smear (especially white) so take your time.

I think they left out MVP because it is well known that it is basically impossible to cleanly remove one of their stamps. Discraft is hard, but do-able

Latest posts