• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Saint Pro -vs- PD

Flip Hyzerman

Birdie Member
Yup; I know there have been some random opinions already shared, but I want to know from those that have thrown both and can sum it up for us ... how do they compare? Is the Saint Pro as OS as a fresh C-PD? Are they very similar discs? Thanks!

IMO the Opto Saint Pro is more HSS and LSS but a bit slower than the newest run of C-PDs out of the box. They're akin to a slower CFR PD with way better glide. Still haven't got to throw throw them much but these are my initial impressions.

I have a max weight saint pro and lost a 173 cfr c-pd recently that i bagged as my meathook slot. I would call the saint pro just a bit straighter since it does have very nice glide. I have yet to see if it can actually cut through the wind as well as my old trusty pancake cfr-cpd. It is most certainly shorter and slower than a pd in any plastic or configuration.

I have a 170 opto Saint Pro and 167 c-line PD and s-line PD. All are very new. In the end they fly pretty similarly. The distance I get out of both it pretty similar as well (but I'm maxing out on them around 300' so I'm not a power thrower). To me the Saint Pro has ever so slightly less HSS and LSS. It doesn't flex out of anhyzers as quickly and doesn't fade quite as hard. The stability differences are very slight.

It's funny so many players say these discs are similar. They aren't at all for me.

I throw a lightly broken in PPD as my main deep distance driver, getting 350-400' in a mostly straight line (flips to flat, only turns over in a headwind) with a consistent but by no means huge fade at the end. I would compare it to a Star Destroyer in similar condition; I get similar distances on similar lines.

My opto saint pro, on the other hand, doesn't make it to 300' for me. It's still a very useful disc, that for me flies very consistent line (straight for a while, then much more fade than what my PPD shows--maybe not quite a meathook fade, but close). It's also very well behaved on landing, sticking more than skipping. I use it mostly for long upshots, since a comfortable throw with it is preferable to trying to crank my Buzzz as hard as I can. It's really not comparable to a regular Saint at all for me, I would rate it no higher than 4 in terms of glide. In fact I logged on today to ask how it compares to a Thunderbird, which I'm considering buying (in a new thread).

In short, my PPD is a very fun to throw, a distance eating monster that's still controlable, while my Opto Saint Pro is more like an accurate, very overstable fairway driver, which stays where you put it down thanks to its low glide. Not similar at all for me.

The few saint pros I've thrown were much more comparable to a flat topped pPD in my experience. Flips up more and doesn't fade as hard as my good s line pds. The c lines I have are very overstable and the saint pro isn't even in the same ballpark.

The few saint pros I've thrown were much more comparable to a flat topped pPD in my experience. Flips up more and doesn't fade as hard as my good s line pds. The c lines I have are very overstable and the saint pro isn't even in the same ballpark.

Yep. The Opto Saint Pros I've thrown weren't as stable as my CPD's. But I don't how to tell the difference in the 63 different runs of PD's so TIFWIW

PD has been longer for me, but they are both great and similarly stable.

C PDs from certain runs are much more HSS, wind resistant, and power hungry than any Saint Pro I've thrown. The Opto Saint Pro I have on my shelf flips when thrown to 350-400, while I don't have the power to flip my eigth run C PDs at all. They are very different discs in my opinion. A Saint Pro might be similar to the least stable PDs I've thrown but they don't go as far as a PD for me.

With 350'+ of power you will see a big difference between these two discs.

PD best disc.

Latest posts