• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

Hey so I ended up at a shop last week and got a chance to eyeball a saint pro vs a saint to answer my own question above. For the sake of anyone wondering like I did, the rim width seems identical between the molds, with the saint pro maybe a hair wider. Biggest difference I noticed was the blunter rim on the saint pro... This must be why it's generally considered speed 8 as compared to the sharper rimmed saint.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I found an opto saint pro mccray 2016 stamp.

Its a completely different disc than the initial release. This one actually flew. Its a little more OS than a regular opto saint. Has that famous lat glide, and some fade.

Im not rushing out to the store to pick more up, but it hasn't left my bag either.

My first Saint Pro was a GL that seasoned in to be very straight with a dependable yet subtle fade. The LSS beat out first then the HSS followed. It is a great disc now that is very consistent yet I can turn it if I really lay into it. Not much of an S curve disc anymore, which is where my newer Opto Mccray saint pro comes in. This thing is a monster line shaper. Good HSS with a healthy fade at the end. I can put it on an anhyzer at a full rip and it always comes back.

I found an opto saint pro mccray 2016 stamp.

Its a completely different disc than the initial release. This one actually flew. Its a little more OS than a regular opto saint. Has that famous lat glide, and some fade.

Im not rushing out to the store to pick more up, but it hasn't left my bag either.

Yes that generation flies very nice out of the box. I actually sold mine since it flew identical to my favorite beat in Moonshine. Now I feel a bit stupid letting it go but I figured the slightly more Stable ones will stay at the sweetspot longer.

Yes that generation flies very nice out of the box. I actually sold mine since it flew identical to my favorite beat in Moonshine. Now I feel a bit stupid letting it go but I figured the slightly more Stable ones will stay at the sweetspot longer.

Yeah I was surprised to see the variations in runs with the saint pro. Its like its a longer teebird. I wouldnt say its enough variation to have an OG saint and this run of saint pro to coexist in the same bag. Its a great lost disc find though.

Can anyone comment on how a lightweight Saint Pro (around 155g or so) would work as a get out of tree trouble disc?

I have no forehand (long story, just trust me on it) so I would like to carry a very light disc to throw when I find myself in the trees and have to throw a forehand to try and advance.

Was considering the Saint Pro or the Aviar3. I know two entirely different disc but I can see both being used in other circumstances as well.

Thanks!

TripleB

Can anyone comment on how a lightweight Saint Pro (around 155g or so) would work as a get out of tree trouble disc?

I have no forehand (long story, just trust me on it) so I would like to carry a very light disc to throw when I find myself in the trees and have to throw a forehand to try and advance.

Was considering the Saint Pro or the Aviar3. I know two entirely different disc but I can see both being used in other circumstances as well.

Thanks!

TripleB

Your "get out of jail free" disc is the 150-class Polecat. Do not pass "Go", do not collect $200.

Seriously, the lightweight Polecat does not have to be (and should not be) thrown hard, can be flicked or backhanded from tight positions, and can get some stunning distances.

:clap: I love this description!!!

Thanks for the input!

TripleB

150 gram Polecat is a beautiful thing. Good look popping it up in any kind of breeze.

There is no single utility disc, you have to pass Go.

Thanks!

TripleB

I'm not sure what you want flight-wise? Lightweight to compensate for stand still or for easy turn?
I bag a beat in River and a Saint for those duties, in fact for summer the Frost Saint is replaced with a beat in Gold (flat/low PLH second last generation) Saint Pro, real nice and straight/US.

Otherwise the opto air could be something.

I got a like-new 157 Opto Air. It's actually true to the flight numbers. My old Saint Pro had about the same stability as my 175 Neutron Volt, maybe a little less, but the new one is noticeably more overstable than the Volt.

I need to correct the above. When I wrote that I hadn't actually thrown the Volt and the Saint Pro back to back very much, and I think my old seasoned Saint Pro, while still pretty stable, had more turn and less fade than the Volt. My new Saint Pro and the Volt are flying about the same.
I finally noticed that there was some flashing around the bottom of the rim. Not at all pronounced, but definitely there. I took a sanding block to it and now the Opto Air is flying just like I remember the old one did. :) Now I'm trying to figure out how to put the Saint Pro back in the bag without banishing my Volts or creating too much overlap. :\

lost one of my last plaz volts so ive been using whatever i have on hand and i had an extra opto saint pro

has that lat glide but doesnt do wonderful in the wind and has less hss than say a teebird and the medium fade is disproportionate for it to be a great disc for me

its a fine disc to revisit but im glad i dont have a stack of these laying around

oh yeah and of course the disc had hella flashing on it

predictable and consistent thanks lat