• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Disc Shoes

Phule77

Par Member
Has anybody picked up a pair of these shoes?

I was going to ask for them for Christmas, but the 5 day return policy nixed it, as they didn't want to get them before Christmas, and then not have time to return them if they didn't fit.

Which is a long way of saying, how do they fit size wise? I picked up a pair of Salamons, and I usually wear about a 10, but I had to pick them up in an 11, and it would be useful to know how the Salient's wear for size...

Has anybody picked up a pair of these shoes?

I was going to ask for them for Christmas, but the 5 day return policy nixed it, as they didn't want to get them before Christmas, and then not have time to return them if they didn't fit.

Which is a long way of saying, how do they fit size wise? I picked up a pair of Salamons, and I usually wear about a 10, but I had to pick them up in an 11, and it would be useful to know how the Salient's wear for size...

I wore a pair of Adidas in 10.5 and they where a tick big. I have the DGX in 10.5 and they are also a tick big but laced tight are not bad. I also had a pair of Salamons in a 10.5 and they were bigger then both the DGX and Adidas. The Salamons i believe where from their 3D lineup of shoes I believe.

Are these still coming out? I know there was some questions about the soles being a complete copy from a Vibram shoe.

Yes the shoes are in production already. There are a lot of company's out there that make soles for other company's. Also depending on the certain patent any product has it will only last I believe 5 years which means after that anyone can make it. Example being green mountain coffee making the K-cup. For 5 years they were the only ones that could make it. Now every coffee company makes them. We are using a sole we feel will work well for the players. I find it gives a nice amount of grip on the toe but has enough slip on the heal so you can rotate on your heal for those big power shots.

Did Vibram make the sole for it?

I'm certain that the sole will work as its already in production on other shoes as well. :hfive:

Did Vibram make the sole for it?

I'm certain that the sole will work as its already in production on other shoes as well. :hfive:

No they did not. I will say did they make it in the past for another shoe I am not sure. But if Vibram made this sole for us it would either have to have their name on it or we would have to pay them extra to have our name on it.

Wow, I am surprised at the $65 price tag. I was expecting something closer to $100 or more.

If these are a success, will you eventually be coming out with other models? The DGX looks great for rugged terrain and during the spring thaw when courses are wet and sloppy. A lighter weight shoe with a toned down sole would be nice for summer or park style courses.

Wow, I am surprised at the $65 price tag. I was expecting something closer to $100 or more.

If these are a success, will you eventually be coming out with other models? The DGX looks great for rugged terrain and during the spring thaw when courses are wet and sloppy. A lighter weight shoe with a toned down sole would be nice for summer or park style courses.

I definitely agree and as you kind of said, a future model will greatly depend on how these sell.

I plan on writing up a review on these shoes but can say after 2 weeks of heavy use in the winter time (MN) these are legit. For $65 I plan on ordering another pair for the spring if these hold up as well as they seem to be doing so far.

Everything about this shoe honestly has surprised me in how much I like them from the actual look, design, and just comfort/feel. The tread on these are PERFECT for wooded courses and a true hiking setting. Even on muddy snow or frozen hill sizes I have not slipped once in these shoes which is a very big problem this time of the year. I was timid about wearing them in such poor conditions which generally boots are best but with good wool socks I cant believe how well my feet stay warm and dry-- even walked through a few puddles to clean them off after the round and water does not easily penetrate due to the solid construction which is just a bonus not something they are even advertised to do.

Only issue with the shoes so far is the fact the tread is so big I do find them a little slippery on smooth surfaces. Specially tile or fine grade stone as they almost have a cleat like design but obviously much less exaggerated. I think this issue will go away with more use and some breaking in of the shoes. I do not have flat feet FWIW and find these a great fit outside of being a little narrow. If you wear a Wide version of a shoe size not sure these are a good choice in current available standard sizes.

If you are in the market for a new pair of shoes in general not just DG specific at all but GOOD outdoor shoes I really recommend checking these out!

http://salient-discs.com/product-category/shoes/

not sure what the toe and sole is made out of but very solid and the double stitching is a MUST in shoes.
I don't get why some are even sold with a single toe stitching pattern.

10733970_383903571774407_2961708005791736797_n.jpg

There are no air holes or breathing vents in the lower part of the shoe so it keeps your feet dry and warm.
Very durable.. in a couple rounds and regular wear around town mine basically look new.

size 13extra wides please, lol. Hell its hard for me to find regular shoes, let alone a dg specific shoe. If these were made in my size I would probably buy a couple pairs for dg and everyday use.

They look really good and that is a great price. I'd love to get some 11s.

They are here but not released from customs due to the holiday. We expected them to be released sooner but the holiday delayed us. Once they are released the website will be updated and you will be able to get them from Salient directly, Disc Nation, and Infinite in the near future.

Okay, I'm going to order a pair as soon as I have some spare cash. They look pretty awesome.

Latest posts