• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me agrees with you as the best DIY backpack(Cabelas) isn't made anymore, the alternatives just don't have the longevity that the Cabelas pack did. That being said, you can still build your own backpack for $50(including frame), so I can see how people would want to still build their own. But I am guessing your statement/question was more rhetorical in nature.

This bag is so nice, for so little money, I don't see how the "build your own version" threads will even keep being posted in.
By the time you buy a bag and $15 worth of pvc and another $10 worth of whatever else, its just not worth it.

This is coming from a guy who builds a lot of my own everything, because I am so cheap!!!!!!

Spend the extra $40., get this thing and be out playing with a beautiful purpose built bag.
instead of at home building a bag in the garage that you will never really be happy with!!!

To award everyone's patience...behold! The Catalyst in its 3 debut colors!!!

o7swbd.jpg

lf6tg.jpg

9r817p.jpg

In addition to this, the free shipping on the catalyst is extended until the bags start shipping out in October.

:popcorn::popcorn:

We have a ton of orders coming in for the Catalyst and I will put up a new video shortly with the production run version!!

Get yours now...btw we are on schedule for arrival in October. Exact delivery date in October unknown but will depend on freight from factory, I will update appropriately.

Last edited:
We have a ton of orders coming in for the Catalyst and I will put up a new video shortly with the production run version!!

Get yours now...btw we are on schedule for arrival in October. Exact delivery date in October unknown but will depend on freight from factory, I will update appropriately.

thanks for the update :thmbup:

Get yours now....

Ok. Arm twisted, order placed.

I'm currently rocking a Gateway standard backpack and while it's held up VERY well in just over a year's use, I've never been a fan of the layout. My wife picked up a DD Ranger this summer and it's great, but the Catalyst looks even better and come in a $50 cheaper. Sold.

It's all about the price point and we are actually pleased about the looks and the features. We fully believe coming in at well under $100 cheaper than Grip and made of the same or better materials we aren't too worried...trying to make disc golf affordable for everyone is and has always been my mission however it seems a lot of people take issue with that it seems.

It's all about the price point and we are actually pleased about the looks and the features. We fully believe coming in at well under $100 cheaper than Grip and made of the same or better materials we aren't too worried...trying to make disc golf affordable for everyone is and has always been my mission however it seems a lot of people take issue with that it seems.

The price, the features, and the fact that it's a backpack is great. I'm not taking offense to your mission, or the bag itself. I don't believe it's aesthetically pleasing is a subjective statement. YOU clearly do, hence why those colors were picked. I think the DD bags are hideous, yet they clearly sell. I think Mahal's are ugly as well, but again, they sell. All of those previous statements are subjective. Whether you think they're pretty or not is subjective, end of story. MY comment was based on color choice. I personally do not care for the green chosen, but that's my opinion. I never once complained of price, in fact I applaud the fact it's vastly cheaper than the Grip.

The price, the features, and the fact that it's a backpack is great. I'm not taking offense to your mission, or the bag itself. I don't believe it's aesthetically pleasing is a subjective statement. YOU clearly do, hence why those colors were picked. I think the DD bags are hideous, yet they clearly sell. I think Mahal's are ugly as well, but again, they sell. All of those previous statements are subjective. Whether you think they're pretty or not is subjective, end of story. MY comment was based on color choice. I personally do not care for the green chosen, but that's my opinion. I never once complained of price, in fact I applaud the fact it's vastly cheaper than the Grip.

No offense but I didn't quote your original post because I wasn't referring directly to you. I understand everyone has their OWN opinion and I respect it. My statement is as a general blanket statement of my experience over the past 2 years.

I actually like constructive criticism as it actually gives me things that could be improved upon in future designs. :)

they look pretty damn good to me :thmbup:
thanks for all the hard work and passion, you have put into these bags.
i am sure my wife will love it

No offense but I didn't quote your original post because I wasn't referring directly to you. I understand everyone has their OWN opinion and I respect it. My statement is as a general blanket statement of my experience over the past 2 years.

I actually like constructive criticism as it actually gives me things that could be improved upon in future designs. :)

Duly noted. I took it as towards me because it was directly after I seconded the prior comment. My constructive criticism: that hue of green is ugly. If it's possible, look in to a blue for the second runs or a different hue of green.

Duly noted. I took it as towards me because it was directly after I seconded the prior comment. My constructive criticism: that hue of green is ugly. If it's possible, look in to a blue for the second runs or a different hue of green.

We will look into Mike. Thanks for the reply

Whats the warranty like on these bags. If the green bag was black where the silver is then the hue would probably look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts