• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's always the best course of action.

I'm personally wary of pre-ordering products like these. But I guess it's necessary in some capacity.

Under promise, over deliver.

Never give a date you can't meet.

My guess is that they'll stop giving dates that they cant control, and they only way they're offering a hard date from now on is when product is in their hands.

There is a lot of truth in this but some have said that it kind of bugs them that there is no set date. There wasn't a set date of the ship making port til now. I am respecting the owner's wishes of not revealing said date til next week, otherwise everyone would already know it.

i have been harsh on salient, but then it struck me. if it was me and my buddies and we loved the game so much and were in a position to do something special or unique id be very excited. I may make some mistakes in that sense too. I think that the catalyst will be a good bag, the design is too weird for me without seeing one to feel up first, but it looks to be a great offering and a great price to boot. I wish salient well and i hope their presence here is only strategic going forward. it only helps to stay out of here!!

if it was me and my buddies and we loved the game so much and were in a position to do something special or unique id be very excited. I may make some mistakes in that sense too.

Just make sure steinkecm does not find out or he'll never let you live it down:D

Sorry to go back to this...

I hate getting second hand news from the facebook page that I was censored from (for writing on their page, "I'm excited to show off my new Salient bag this weekend at a tournament" back in early September) when I thought according to the e-bay shipping dates, and wife's message to me, that I had something coming.

I got a DGCR account so I could figure out what the hell was going on, or if we just got ripped off $130 (yes $130- if you pre-ordered on e-bay apparently you got charged shipping... my wife had no idea there was a free pre-order, she just saw a bag she thought I would like). Now, that I have an account and have gotten things under control here- I get one e-mail, and now all the new news is posted on facebook.

What the hell guys?

There is a lot of truth in this but some have said that it kind of bugs them that there is no set date. There wasn't a set date of the ship making port til now. I am respecting the owner's wishes of not revealing said date til next week, otherwise everyone would already know it.

Why are they holding out the date for a big reveal? If they know it just throw it up why make people wait another few days? Sounds like its still gonna be a couple weeks from that point or they would just cough up the date.

Sorry to go back to this...

I hate getting second hand news from the facebook page that I was censored from (for writing on their page, "I'm excited to show off my new Salient bag this weekend at a tournament" back in early September) when I thought according to the e-bay shipping dates, and wife's message to me, that I had something coming.

I got a DGCR account so I could figure out what the hell was going on, or if we just got ripped off $130 (yes $130- if you pre-ordered on e-bay apparently you got charged shipping... my wife had no idea there was a free pre-order, she just saw a bag she thought I would like). Now, that I have an account and have gotten things under control here- I get one e-mail, and now all the new news is posted on facebook.

What the hell guys?
it wasn't an official post, it was a response to a comment on the page. I am sure an email will be sent out next week and if not I keep y'all updated here just as I always have

Why are they holding out the date for a big reveal? If they know it just throw it up why make people wait another few days? Sounds like its still gonna be a couple weeks from that point or they would just cough up the date.

if they are waiting the only thing I can think of is a mass email update which would need to wait til next week because of the work they are doing on the antidote

dgfanatic- I really do appreciate your help. I think have gone from guessing you are good guy to knowing it.

It would be nice, if Salient facebook, would lift the censor that was never warranted so I could get the information. I don't live life on facebook, or DGCR, but I do- however spend more time on-line than I wish, and have to update my own company's facebook site regularly so I am on there more. It'd be convenient if I could just have that weirdness lifted.

Could someone contact me? Possibly you've already been able to figure out who I am by my location, the date that I have posted on here that my wife ordered the bag, and the fact that I use my name after the "constantly" in my DGCR profile name- and fix the facebook situation, and/or send me a PM on I am capable of knowing what all your other pre-orders know.

Please?

There are still factors that are beyond their control if the bags are still on a boat. They'd be smart to NOT offer a date, or even an update, until these things are all delivered, inventoried, and all accounted for.
IME with the Contender, they posted pics of the bags in the shipping cartons once they arrived, and it wasnt too much longer until it was on my doorstep.

Does anyone have sailents physical address?
A simple google search provides this public information:
http://www.sos.sc.gov/

edit: I originally posted all the info, but thought better of it. It's out there. Use the link above. It just had info that I wouldnt want posted about myself (addy, phone, etc) in the results.

Also noted that the company is "Salient Discs and Physical Flight, LLC"

Last edited:
I really think it was in poor form to say anything about them having a date that they still don't feel like telling people.

It would be nice, if Salient facebook, would lift the censor that was never warranted so I could get the information. I don't live life on facebook, or DGCR, but I do- however spend more time on-line than I wish, and have to update my own company's facebook site regularly so I am on there more. It'd be convenient if I could just have that weirdness lifted.

Could someone contact me? Possibly you've already been able to figure out who I am by my location, the date that I have posted on here that my wife ordered the bag, and the fact that I use my name after the "constantly" in my DGCR profile name- and fix the facebook situation, and/or send me a PM on I am capable of knowing what all your other pre-orders know.

Please?
Probably something to take up through PMs and emails no one on this forum can do anything about fb.

i am pretty sure, that nobody in this thread cares what you "really think" anymore.
I cant even sleep at night because I'm so curious what stinky thinks about Salient and the Catalyst.
Where's the ignore button, guys?

Sooo... Salient announces they will be making an announcement on shipping and people lose their ****? These guys just can't win lol!

Sooo... Salient announces they will be making an announcement on shipping and people lose their ****? These guys just can't win lol!

I still don't have any love lost for Salient- I know the bag is going to be everything I have hoped for it to be. I just am frustrated by my own personal treatment by the company. I have received a nice apology by a friendly spokesperson for the company- dgfanatic7 has really done a really good job passing on information (and I really appreciate the efforts he has made). I just can't, for the life of me, understand certain decisions.

I had a friend log on to Salient's FB site so I could read what kind of posts are up, and what I wrote was much more tame than even the posts that are up on their page right now. And I was censored from the site. Blah- my money, although spent by my wife, is in your hands (has been since August)- and the treatment I got for expressing excitement on the page the day I liked it was censorship from access to read information that you aren't posting on your own website, get second hand on DGCR, and are only posting on your facebook site. Pretty bad form.

SURE- I AM REPEATING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER, AD NAUSEAM. I am sick of posting my issues as everyone here is of reading it, but I will continue to report my frustration until some sort of action is taken to fix this matter. I shouldn't be having to hunt them down to make myself, the customer, satisfied. I post because it's troubling that a company would treat ANY customer, especially a pre-order investor, in such a manner. Ridiculousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.