• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient discs changing a course in Orangeburg SC

I dont know how people can still defend Salient. Especially ru4por who is well known and respected around here.

I am not defending Salient. They are a struggling company, much of their own accord. I do object to redundant, rhetorical piling on. Pointing out the multitude of PR errors, customer service gaffes and vague marketing is more than fair. I think many here have been fair, but firm in their take on Salient. I think a few are happy to resort to conjecture and rumor mongering to exact their interwebz justice. I own no Salient products and have never dealt with them. I do believe they have a place in the market and could provide a pathway to new and exciting things in our game.

I do object to redundant, rhetorical piling on. Pointing out the multitude of PR errors, customer service gaffes and vague marketing is more than fair. I think many here have been fair, but firm in their take on Salient. I think a few are happy to resort to conjecture and rumor mongering to exact their interwebz justice.

I object to their redundant PR errors, customer service gaffes and interwebz justice. Easiest way to stop criticism is to stop sh*tting on the disc golf scene in the same ways over and over.

Dammit. I'm going back to ignoring this circus.

Anyone else notice McBeth signed the petition today...in Summerville? What are the odds OP graduate Nikki Haley signs next?

Since Salient has adopted a stricter censorship policy than North Korea, why has no one started a "Honest Salient Feedback" Page? Seems like that would be a decent way to voice opinions without the elementary school fingers-in-the-ears while screaming "na-na-na-na-na i cant hear you" tactic that Salient has been doing??

Well, there is a Salient Discs Complaint Center page. As you would expect, it is not under the supervision of Salient.

Either way, if their company is based in Orangeburg, how can they be so ignorant about the scene?

They aren't ignorant about the scene. They saw something that would benefit themselves and took it.

I am not defending Salient. They are a struggling company, much of their own accord. I do object to redundant, rhetorical piling on. Pointing out the multitude of PR errors, customer service gaffes and vague marketing is more than fair. I think many here have been fair, but firm in their take on Salient. I think a few are happy to resort to conjecture and rumor mongering to exact their interwebz justice. I own no Salient products and have never dealt with them. I do believe they have a place in the market and could provide a pathway to new and exciting things in our game.

A "customer service gaffe" is not telling your customers that you are suing them or ignoring requests for returns of obviously defective products. Lying likewise is not a "gaffe".

"Gaffe" is an unintentional mistake, the decisions made by Salient are quite intentional.

A "customer service gaffe" is not telling your customers that you are suing them or ignoring requests for returns of obviously defective products. Lying likewise is not a "gaffe".

"Gaffe" is an unintentional mistake, the decisions made by Salient are quite intentional.

Quoted for truth. That douchey, entitled, "you should thank us" statement makes me wish I'd never opened my mouth saying the club could have worked with Failient. I must have had a temporary stroke and forgot how much they suck.

Complaining to Salient on their Facebook page is seriously an exercise in futility. I don't know why you guys even bother, or how you can act surprised that they won't advertise your disdain. Why not whine to someone that wants to listen? Like maybe the Better Business Bureau or your State's Dept of Consumer Affairs. I can only find ONE complaint against Salient with the BBB. They have an A- rating. Seriously? From the outside looking in, they look like fricking angels meanwhile the Facebookers look like a bunch of children throwing a fit because their toy is broken.

The point I am trying to make is that local governments can be pretty "old school" too. They probably aren't going to search for gossip on Facebook to see if Salient has a bad track record before working with them. They might look at the BBB or a Dept of Consumer Affairs. If any of Salients' Actual customers have any Real issues they should voice their complaints more effectively and quit pissing in the wind.

Link to the BBB's lonely Salient complaint FWIW - http://www.bbb.org/columbia/busines...s-and-physical-flight-in-columbia-sc-34103777

I played with Kilgus a couple years ago, pretty sure he wasn't living that way at the time, or maybe he was. Either way, if their company is based in Orangeburg, how can they be so ignorant about the scene?

I may have misled you here. His physical therapy practice---his regular business---is in Orangeburg. I believe he lives in Columbia, where Salient is headquartered.

As for how they can be so ignorant about the scene, the answer may be, "with great determination to be so". The Facebook sleuths have seemingly uncovered conversations between Salient and the ODGC, back in January, regarding the upcoming tournament and who was going to run it (but not course re-design).

Complaining to Salient on their Facebook page is seriously an exercise in futility. I don't know why you guys even bother, or how you can act surprised that they won't advertise your disdain. Why not whine to someone that wants to listen? Like maybe the Better Business Bureau or your State's Dept of Consumer Affairs. I can only find ONE complaint against Salient with the BBB. They have an A- rating. Seriously? From the outside looking in, they look like fricking angels meanwhile the Facebookers look like a bunch of children throwing a fit because their toy is broken.

The point I am trying to make is that local governments can be pretty "old school" too. They probably aren't going to search for gossip on Facebook to see if Salient has a bad track record before working with them. They might look at the BBB or a Dept of Consumer Affairs. If any of Salients' Actual customers have any Real issues they should voice their complaints more effectively and quit pissing in the wind.

Link to the BBB's lonely Salient complaint FWIW - http://www.bbb.org/columbia/busines...s-and-physical-flight-in-columbia-sc-34103777

I've actually lodged two complaints against them. I followed your link and lodged another (which combines my previous two complaints and added a complaint about their warranty.) Neither of my previous two were resolved because Salient refused to respond. I asked for an apology email for the first two...thats all.

So, if you all despise Salient and have a LEGITIMATE complaint, from personal experience (like myself) PLEASE file a complaint. Otherwise it is just useless internet bitching.

So, if you all despise Salient and have a LEGITIMATE complaint, from personal experience (like myself) PLEASE file a complaint. Otherwise it is just useless internet bitching.

Thanks Andy and DGHippie. If you are one of the folks who bought a defective item, please help out! :hfive:

I'm pretty sure Salient could achieve their goal of "rescuing this course" without the rampant, blatant lying. I mean, when you do good deeds you don't try to undertake them as sneakily and suspiciously as possible.

They are still lying like a rug. All over Facebook they are showing screenshots of emails with the club...at the same time claiming the club doesnt exist.

And the fanboys are eating it up.

I think I'll go over and compliment the guys at Dynamic Discs.

I'm seriously amazed at the reaction to Salient (who I obviously know nothing about).

I may have misled you here. His physical therapy practice---his regular business---is in Orangeburg. I believe he lives in Columbia, where Salient is headquartered.

As for how they can be so ignorant about the scene, the answer may be, "with great determination to be so". The Facebook sleuths have seemingly uncovered conversations between Salient and the ODGC, back in January, regarding the upcoming tournament and who was going to run it (but not course re-design).

This is so confusing. So, he works in Orangeburg, but lives and runs Salient in Columbia?

When I played with him, Salient was only just coming out with their first bags. I think it was at Central.

Whether or not the club had been in regular communication with the city, its the city's course, the city's land, the city's equipment and they can do whatever they want with the course. The club is not entitled to make any demands, especially when they have not been a good partner with the city.

Wow. Ever hear of government of the people, by the people, for the people?

The "City" consists of the people living and working there. The "City" holds a duty to those people. All of them.