• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Francisco to San Diego

Just watchout for the skyline rolls.... Lol...
San diego id suggest kit carson and brengle over morley unless you hit morley before 7am.

INHO, I would never recommend Mountain Pride over Goat Hill for any reason unless Goat Hill is not open that day or you don't have the time. In which case, I would recommend Brengle Terrance or Kit Carson over Mountain Pride, especially if you are playing solo rounds. Much of Mountain Pride plays through a dusty drainage ditch with some blind shots and crossing fairways. I would not recommend playing Mountain Pride solo as there is just too much potential for lost discs. The down side is Goat Hill is pay to play on a ball golf course. However, with that also comes a pro shop with a snack bar that sells beer!

I'm really appreciating everyone's 2 cents. I feel like I'm learning so much more about these courses than through just reading the reviews, scoring disc tally ratings, and viewing the pictures. Keep it going!

I wouldn't say it's a destination course, but Evergreen in Santa Barbara (or Goleta more specifically) is a fun little 18 holer. Depending on what your time frame is like, it'd be a good stop off between Santa Maria and Casitas. It's easily accessible from 101, and though there are lots of birdies to be had there, there's still enough challenge to make it interesting.

INHO, I would never recommend Mountain Pride over Goat Hill for any reason unless Goat Hill is not open that day or you don't have the time. In which case, I would recommend Brengle Terrance or Kit Carson over Mountain Pride, especially if you are playing solo rounds. Much of Mountain Pride plays through a dusty drainage ditch with some blind shots and crossing fairways. I would not recommend playing Mountain Pride solo as there is just too much potential for lost discs. The down side is Goat Hill is pay to play on a ball golf course. However, with that also comes a pro shop with a snack bar that sells beer!

This is a good point, but I would, personally, still recommend MP over Goat Hill. There is an active club up in Murrieta - they've done a lot to clear out brush and add excellent navigation signage - and no doubt someone would come out to guide you (I'll even do it if the time lines up correctly). Goat Hill has less chance for losing discs, but it is long and open. It just depends on your preferred style of course and your style of play.

Finally, leaving tomorrow to start my trip. Anyone recommend or know about any league events coming up in my general path (San to San) of DG course exploration from now until the 10th of January? So far I've discovered a glow league at Verdugo Hills DGC but that's about it.

Finally, leaving tomorrow to start my trip. Anyone recommend or know about any league events coming up in my general path (San to San) of DG course exploration from now until the 10th of January? So far I've discovered a glow league at Verdugo Hills DGC but that's about it.

There is now a new course to explore:

Lake Forest Golf ClubLake Forest has random doubles every Monday in December

Here is a link to the schedule of weekly and monthly events in So Cal. The dates are correct, however, some of the contact information may have changed. https://socaldiscgolfclub.wordpress.com/courses/monthly-tournament-info/

Monday night singles and Friday night pro/am dubs at Verdugo always a good time. 7pm Start, course is lit. There is also a bring your own partner event taking place Dec. 26 (course will be dark, glow golf)
DeBell has also been having glow random doubles on Thursday nights, but I'm not sure if they are going to continue throughout December. Rabbit Flats has also had glow rounds on Wednesday nights. both of those have been starting at 5pm.

Santa Clarita's weekly is missing from that list. Random Doubles at 1pm Sundays.

I lifted this from SoCal Disc Golf Meetup

Attachments

• 12291954_536446933173679_5097121414576015531_o.jpg
    12291954_536446933173679_5097121414576015531_o.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 15
Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the info guys/gal, it's been a course filled vacation. Here's the list of new (to me) courses I've played on it so far:

Beattie Park
CSUMB Oaks
Ryan Ranch
Skyline Winderness (both)
National/Johnson field on Travis AFB
Lagoon Valley
Mast Park

Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to throw anything north of LA for the rest of my stay in California, which means courses like Stafford Lake and DeLa will have to wait until the next time I visit. DeLa lost out to a Ryan Ranch + CSUMB filled day and I chose Skyline Wilderness over Stafford Lake. I regret nothing :)

Headed at to Escondido today to wrangle up some more courses, all are welcome to join

Also, later this week I'm dropping off some family at Disneyland and killing time until they finish by having at La Mirada and maybe another if I have time. How long does those two at La Mirada typically take? 1.5 hours each 18? Less?

Too bad you didn't play Castro cellars or Waller pines... Would have liked to have heard your thoughts.

How long does those two at La Mirada typically take? 1.5 hours each 18? Less?
I'd say closer to two hours each. Especially on the weekend. I bet there will be a bunch of folks out there today.

The Lake course is a bit shorter than the Back course if time is an issue.

Not sure about the glow league at Verdugo but they do have a Monday weekly at 7pm that's very good. Ace pool is at $500.

I'm pretty sure there are PDGA sanctioned weeklies at La Mirada, Huntington Beach & Slymar too, but I'd double check that.

Too bad you didn't play Castro cellars or Waller pines... Would have liked to have heard your thoughts.

I wish I could get to them all, believe me. Played Brengle Terrace today. Fun course, but it felt like the course designers just gave up on the last three holes. The baskets for 16-18 are all within 50ft of each other and they shared the same teepad, unless I missed something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 12
I'd say closer to two hours each. Especially on the weekend. I bet there will be a bunch of folks out there today.

The Lake course is a bit shorter than the Back course if time is an issue.

Went yesterday, barely anyone there. Got there around 10, played both courses, left at 1pm. I could defiantly see it taking longer, especially on the lake side, with more pedestrians in the way and whatnot. Getting through both courses went so fast that I was able to fit in a trip to El Dorado as well :)

Played Brengle Terrace today. Fun course, but it felt like the course designers just gave up on the last three holes. The baskets for 16-18 are all within 50ft of each other and they shared the same teepad, unless I missed something.
17 & 18 are closed for an environmental restoration project, so they've temporarily installed the baskets on 16 until the holes reopen later this year.

Just ended my dg filled vacation. I managed to squeeze in 24 new courses played in 23 days. I thoroughly enjoyed just about every course with the clear standout of the group being Skyline Wilderness in Napa. Thanks for all your tips and insight guys and gal. Reviews soon to come!

Latest posts