• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Save the Eternal Flame

superium

Eagle Member
Please sign Petition

A new disc golf course has opened outside of Buffalo, NY called the Eternal Flame http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4985.
A local hiker/casual golfer found it quite intruding that the new course was nearby popular hiking trails and how the course is going to effect the natural surroundings. He posted his thoughts in the local paper as well as posting a petition to remove the course instead of reaching some kind of agreement with local disc golf club. I personally think he's going to be unsucessful but if you guys can sign our petition the course in, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Mark
Petition

Last edited:
Kick his ass. Ow, maybe not. How about simple bribery? Tell him you'll plant a few new trees every year or something like that. If he doesn't go along, then kick his ass.

Has the club tried to contact the hiker and did the local government approve of it?
Yes the local gov. approved it. The parks commisioner and parks forester even walked the entire course being shown what was being cleared and so forth. The course desiners/builders were in contact with the hiker to meet face to face and discuss but no time was ever set or he backed out.
Note this is going to be a popular course that many people/golfers are going to come from out of state to play it. A lot of hard work was put into this course. Here is just one of the signature holes of many:
396361_10100350230607008_1384166351_n.jpg

I would assume that this is the article in question....

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial-page/from-our-readers/my-view/article704947.ece

And the opposing petition...

http://www.change.org/petitions/eri...ider-the-development-of-a-frisbee-golf-course

Might want to add to that article's comments section that you've started a counter petition to his petition. Better yet, write you own letter to the paper saying that.

And while I support your end, I would hope everyone here by now, knows my position about e-petitions, that they are by and large meaningless feel gooder rubbish that give users some sense of satisfaction that they did something without well....actually doing something.

Personally, I wish all of these petition sites would mandate each petition have a "disagree" feature, where people opposed to petition's goal could have their say. Might get some of the folks who just start these things for sake of getting a big signature count think about things a little bit.

Yes that is the article and the oppsing petition. I agree with you that online petitions are meaningless, it wasnt my idea. Club commitee member/s have already contacted the parks commissioner and are preparing a response to his article as well as a letter to the local paper.
It's just now that someone posted a counter petition, it doesn't look good if we dont get as many signatures if not more than he does.
Thanks, Mark

signed it.
looks like a fun course. i really want to throw a comet down that hill.

Signed. I wish there was some way we could get these type of people to actually play a round. Then I think they would change their mind.

signed it.
looks like a fun course. i really want to throw a comet down that hill.

I'm going with a Fuse, but each to his own.

What I really take away from this brouhaha is that no one gives a damn about writing properly anymore.

Well, it's also obvious from comments here about keeping DG our little secret, and also there-- can't have more foot traffic in my, er, our pristine park--that it's all just NIMBY.

I can't sign your petition, but wish you good luck on your handsome-looking course. It's well under way. Make sure to police the litter. I'll hope to play it some day.

What is the disinformation the "vocal few" are spreading? Are there news articles?