• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] School me on Outlaws

eric40817

* Ace Member *
I've seen mentioned before that they vary in stability based on runs and colors. Is this right? If so, what should I know about that? I've never thrown one, and I've never thrown a Destroyer either so that comparison doesn't work for me.

In short, it's a pro level disc. There are some light Outlaws that will show some turn into a headwind out of the box but most will crush big winds with a hard fade finish around 400'. There are lots of other disc molds that are more overstable for 20+mph winds but we rarely get that kind of wind around here.

almost every disc manufacturer has varying stabilities between runs and color but I think you'll find more of what your looking for by looking at weights and plastic types for outlaws. lightweight pinnacle outlaws are some of the least stable but heavy pinnacle are some of the most stable. I've seen so many people say"yeah you're looking for this one color of this weight of this plastic type... and yeah that's definitely what you want". problem is that they usually haven't thrown most of the different possibilities for that mold and just stating what they personally have had experience with and like. that's really not that accurate.

IMO you need to try at least 3-4 possibilities for that mold to get an idea. If you only got 3 I'd say light pinnacle, light icon, heavy pinnacle. If you added a 4th I'd add blue legend(they're almost all heavy).

almost every disc manufacturer has varying stabilities between runs and color but I think you'll find more of what your looking for by looking at weights and plastic types for outlaws. lightweight pinnacle outlaws are some of the least stable but heavy pinnacle are some of the most stable. I've seen so many people say"yeah you're looking for this one color of this weight of this plastic type... and yeah that's definitely what you want". problem is that they usually haven't thrown most of the different possibilities for that mold and just stating what they personally have had experience with and like. that's really not that accurate.

IMO you need to try at least 3-4 possibilities for that mold to get an idea. If you only got 3 I'd say light pinnacle, light icon, heavy pinnacle. If you added a 4th I'd add blue legend(they're almost all heavy).

thank you. I've heard that pink is usually less stable, and that held true for my rivals. I've white icon and pinnacle, blue icon and a pink icon. They were are pretty stable, with pink being the most straight with noticeably less fade.

There is no such thing as a consensus on Outlaw stability by color but the slightly gummy lavender 2nd run pinnacle in the high 160s is what you are looking for.

Yea I saw that. No Im not reading through 868 posts to find the general consensus on the different runs and colors. Thats really all I wanted an answer on so if I like the stability of the yellow one I have, or want something a bit less OS, I know what to look for.

Check out my post#860 were I rank my stack of 25 throwers.

Of course, PLH is still the best determiner of stability.

edit: my red Icon production goto overstable is slowly beating in and I can almost get it to 400' nowadays on a flex line.

Last edited:
Check out my post#860 were I rank my stack of 25 throwers.

Of course, PLH is still the best determiner of stability.

edit: my red Icon production goto overstable is slowly beating in and I can almost get it to 400' nowadays on a flex line.

Thanks! That was actually very helpful and at least give some point of reference when I head to Marshall Street in the next couple weeks. :hfive:

Played with a new guy this weekend and he only threw FH, only threw about 100 feet, and threw an Outlaw. Looked pretty OS to me! To top it all off, he found a disc about halfway through our round and I told him if it was un-inked (it was) to keep it and I thought "hmmm maybe it's something a little more suited to his skill level and I can get him to use that instead and maybe have a better round," nope, it was a 174g Champ Destroyer. I let him use my Archer the rest of the day and gifted him some more suitable discs from my home stash after the round. This has been my only experience with Outlaws.

I LOVE the Outlaw. I just played a big tourney and used it a lot more than I thought I would. ICON is like worn Star and flies like 13/4/-0.5/2.5 (when new but wears in easier) PINNACLE is like a tackier Champion and is like 13/4/0/2.5 (wears in nicely after loooong time, but it gets a great sweet spot and stays)

They are essentially a Destroyer just a little different. I prefer them, but really its almost interchangeable. could say speed 12 too, but it seems to go further than I expect .

Oh DERP, So I have White and Blue and All discs flew exactly the same, Icon just gets a little worn in quicker so has a straighter flight. If you like carrying multiple 1 icon and 1 pinnacle would cover straight to fade and straight to ...more fade haha

All Outlaws flew the same for me after 5 of them. That's why I went outlaw and not destroyer, last 3 destroyer I threw were ALL over the place in stability.....meh

Funny story, I JUST got a new outlaw for winning my card at a tourney. It is hooked under from the topside more than all my other outlaws, it almost feels pointier.....totally weird, same plastic and color, white pinnacle. But this newer one looks and feels different. So....not sure what this means....but its hooked under a liiiitle bit more and does feel different, just by a little bit. Anyone else notice something like this? I hope its still OS just maybe a little more turn on high speed? idk

Latest posts