• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Score keeping

Guru10

Birdie Member
Anybody use an app to keep their score during a round? I used disc golf scoresheet by sutibo for a while then switched to disc golf caddy. I figured that since we are in the 21st century, I wasn't the only one.

I don't know personally.. But if you ask GoodDriveBadPutt nicely, he'll tell you what he uses..:) I'm WAY too lazy....

I'm going to try it today. I just downloaded Disc Golf Caddy on my iPhone. We'll see how it works.

My buddy and I keep score every time we play we use an App called Disc Golf score card its .99 cents for Iphone. It looks kinda silly but it simple and easy. We play for money quite a bit so it makes it a lot easy and faster to check scores and all. And it saves either of us from trying to remember a pencil haha.

It always seemed like a pain in the butt to pull out my phone And fill in the score. The reality is that it's no less inconvenient than pulling out paper and a pencil each time. You're information is much more streamlined, and you have stats and a pretty scorecard to reference afterwards. I've started carrying my iPhone on my belt in a simple carrying case during most rounds and can very easily record my score without worry. I always like to reference my performance on particular courses. Plus with disc golf caddy it takes no time at all to fill in your score. 10 seconds if you're not good with your phone yet, and usually less.

The whole process of dealing with technology to keep score just slowed me down too much.

I'm sticking with pencil and paper. I can always plug the numbers into a spreadsheet at home for record keeping.

Exactly. I leave my phone in the car when I'm playing.

the app I have, all you have to do is hit 1 number (how many strokes you took) then it auto goes to the next hole. Its one button...ez. then it emails you the scorecard after the round.

I tried using my phone, but the balance between keeping the phone safe vs handy made the process inconvenient. I have a ChainLinks mini clipboard, scorecard, and pencil that I use now. That said, j0atz, which app are you using?

I bought some resusable cards at Marshall Street. They're about the size of a credit card, plastic coated, easy to write on and they don't smear. They live in the bag. Plus I get to excersize my brain a little by adding up the numbers. Keeps me sharp. ;)

I'm using small beads on a string to keep score. Its just like a mini abacus.

Most of the time I just use pencil and paper but sometimes I use the Ipod app Disc Golf Score Sheet.

I barely ever keep score, I probably need to start though. Just downloaded Easy Scorecard for Android, it looks way better than it used to last time I downloaded it.

Will report back how it works next time I play.

I tried using my phone, but the balance between keeping the phone safe vs handy made the process inconvenient. I have a ChainLinks mini clipboard, scorecard, and pencil that I use now. That said, j0atz, which app are you using?

Its an android apparently called easy scorekeeper I believe.

Latest posts