• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Searching for a second bag

gkeberhart

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I plan on playing 150 class for fun this year, not full time but at least once a week just to add something different to the game...heck I might try to start a league. Anyhow the real thing here is I am looking for a bag that has good storage and can hold approximately 14 discs (that includes the putter pouch) for your convenience on guessing the space of those 14 I will list what I am intending to get:

Discraft Avenger - 1
Discraft Surge -2
Innova Firebird - 2
Innova Teebird - 1
Innova Leopard - 1
Innova KC Pro Roc - 3
Innova DX Aviar - 3

I would like the bag to hold at least one bottle preferably 2 and one towel. the only thing that I have really seen so far that fits that is the GB Chimp I believe; I know there are more out there that are quality products as well I just seem to be missing them. Suggestions or feedback on ones that you own would be appreciated

I use an Innova Deluxe. I carry 14 discs, a towel, and one bottle with comfort. It would fit 2 bottles but the 2nd would have to be inside, unless you decide to hang it from a clip externally. This bag has not faded and shows no signs of wear after 15 months of use.

I have a crunch box and it holds 12 discs comfortably, I have 13 in there for todays practice including 6 thick discs, so 14 would be a squeeze. It can hold 2 water bottles.

I will look into it, does anyone have any information on the Voodoo Mojo bag, I am intrigued by that one as well

I have a chimp and it is great, the only thing is it only has 1 drink holder. When I carry 2 drinks(32 oz. Gatorades) I just use the small pocket as a drink holder and that works well. The silverback is the one with 2 drink holders and that is what my brother has, if price is not an issue that is what I would go with. My girlfriend has a crunch box and has been using it for about a year and it is holding up well, the single drink holder is not as nice nor are the pockets but if you want a budget option for only once a week it is not a bad bag.

yea that one looks really nice and it wasnt excessively priced compared to some of the others with those amenities

I carry a GB Chimp,great bag. But Iv been eyeing up a Silver Back. They hold the same amount of discs,but the SB has more storage and 2 drink holders. Now the Kong holds more discs,but you can use one of the dividers to section off an area inside of the bag for towles etc.
The SB has some LE additions now, so there is pockets in the pouches,and a key chain holder.

Last edited:
Discraft Avenger - 1
Discraft Surge -2
Innova Firebird - 2
Innova Teebird - 1
Innova Leopard - 1
Innova KC Pro Roc - 3
Innova DX Aviar - 3

Based on this breakdown you can go ahead and rule out the Crunch Box I think. The 3 Rocs and the Aviar would be crammed in there too much for my tastes.

Latest posts