• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Seer

slingdiscs

Par Member
The Westside Seer is a driver designed to improve the game of players with smaller hands and lower power. It is an easier to grip, narrow rim understable control driver with good glide and control. The Westside Seer will be released in VIP and Tournament plastics on 1 March 2015.

Flight numbers 7, 5, -1, 2

Official specifications
Max weight 176.0 gram.
Diameter 21.2 cm.
Height 1.8 cm.
Rim depth 1.1 cm.
Rim thickness 1.8 cm.
Inside rim diameter 17.6 cm.
Rim depth/diameter ratio 5.2.
Flight plane thickness 2.0 cm.
Flight plane to rim plane distance 1.6 cm.
Rim configuration 42.25.

Will definitely be trying this out against a thief and witness when it come out, 2 great discs IMO.

Attachments

• westside_seer.jpg
    westside_seer.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 120
westside needs to release a more overstable fairway driver. i feel like the stag is already a great straight fairway with hardly any fade.

And I agree, something around speed 8 with great HSS and a 3 fade would be legit, but they would have to make it different enough from the felon to release soon I would think

Both my Stags (175g TP and 168g VIP) have good fade on them and take a ton of power. I can get them out really close to my distance drivers and they still fade. They seem like a slightly more stable teebird to me.

They could definitely use a Felon/Firebird though. I would think that would be a bigger priority than splitting hairs with the Underworld.

Anyway, if you throw Trilogy and you want an OS fairway, by all means, get yo sef a Felon.

westside needs to release a more overstable fairway driver. i feel like the stag is already a great straight fairway with hardly any fade.
Inconsistent mold? Even some experienced testers compared early runs to Eagles and Teebirds.

The Seer definitely sounds interesting. Kind of like the shallow rimmed Jade but produced in heavier weights.

I had a TP Stag that was pretty understable. I replaced it with a VIP, and that has been much closer to the flight numbers.

Seer looks like a nice disc for my arm. Not as understable as an Underworld.

It will be interesting to see where the Sampo ends up. I'd wager between the Stag and the Seer, just straight stable.

Eric McCabe apparently described it as slightly understable.

Seems kind of redundant if that's the case, seeing the Seer is slightly understable.

Maybe he meant understable for someone with his power?

I have no idea but it seems like this disc is marketed as an US control driver for women with decent power and smaller hands. The shallow rim will be like the Mamba/Tern but narrower obviously. I'd bet it ends up flying like a slower Hatchet. Not that that's a bad thing at all.

Both the Westiside discs page for the Seer and the PDGA announcement have the turn/fade numbers as -2 1, not -1 2. Oddly the PDGA announcement has the speed at 6 while the Westiside page for the Seer has the speed at 7.

A 6, 5, -2, 1 disc would have excited me more than a 7, 5, -1, 2, with a 1.8cm rim. i would have enjoyed a pat/leopard style competitor.

I would say closer to Leopard, It has a wider rim 1.8 vs 1.6 but very blunt nose for a driver. 42 rim con is similar to a Truth and other mids. Heck the Warship has a sharper rim.

I find the stag to be pretty understable. It is a disc i have to release with 7-% power to have it flip up flat and turn a little then fade. However not much fade to it. I will be looking at a felon. That is what westside needs.

They really have the understable fairway spot covered now.

A fairway with more beef than a Stag would be a good add for them down the road, a big brother to the Bard.

Stags fly like beaten in Teebirds for me, which isn't a bad thing, but on windy days....

Latest posts