• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I've always been curious as to the number of dg rounds per day at Selah...any guesses?

Playing in a group of 6, not pressing for time, laughing nearly constantly, and stopping for lunch, cart breakdowns, and several shotguns, we managed 3 rounds per day.

I've always been curious as to the number of dg rounds per day at Selah...any guesses?

We had a similar experience as @ODRB. We had a group of 4 with two golf carts and easily managed 3 rounds of best shot doubles per day with a pretty relaxed pace, stopping for grilling lunch, beers, etc. I would think you could get 4 rounds in if you go at a decent pace and stay on site.

The day we were there, we saw one other group of two the entire day at both courses. It was mid-week and only based on one experience, but still. Made me wonder the same thing. I doubt they regularly get more than 2-3 groups there daily.

At the same time, selfishly, having that property all to ourselves made it that much more special.

The day we were there, we saw one other group of two the entire day at both courses. It was mid-week and only based on one experience, but still. Made me wonder the same thing. I doubt they regularly get more than 2-3 groups there daily.

At the same time, selfishly, having that property all to ourselves made it that much more special.
Thanks. That was the question I was trying to ask.

150 threads from the top? Selah deserves better.

Had I reviewed the Selah courses after my first visit, I would have had Lakeside clearly better than Creekside. After having played them multiple times, on three/four(can't remember now) different trips, I think I like Creekside better. The only thing making it not so clear is the absolutely terrible finishing hole.

LIKE better? Or is a better course? I take Lakeside on both. LIKE is obviously easier to argue, because it's all opinion. But anyway:

The bad:

Creekside:
#2 - Throw hard, that's about it.
#7 - Maybe I throw too short, but it's ALMOST impossible for me to reach in 2.
#8 - Throw far. I guess the mando from the long tee adds intrigue, but that's about it.
#10 - Awful. No fairway.
#18 - Even you said it's bad.

Lakeside:
#3 - Fairly weak.
#14 - Abomination.
#17 - Fairly weak.
#18 - Again, I throw short, so this is nearly unplayable.

The good:

Creekside:
#1 - Placement and distance are key.
#3 - Again with placement and distance.
#4 and #5 - Butt-pucker is good, if you're into that.
#9 - Pretty cool.
#12 and #16 - Good holes.

Lakeside:
#1 and #2 - Distance, placement, and butt-pucker.
#4 - Fabulous.
#5 - Great.
#7 - Epic.
#9 - Cool and unique.
#11, #12, #13 - Nice shady break but still a challenge.
#18 - Great design if you throw far enough.

Maybe I should grade each hole and add them up.

Like better. I have no idea how to pronounce one or the other the better course. When I play both, I often shake my head at the design. The way to make both courses more fun, for me, is to choose tees on a hole by hole basis. Something like: short tees on long holes, and long tees on short holes. One hole has the tees about 10' apart lol.

One would think I could remember the holes by number, but I just cannot. Our third round of the day is always a beer round where we drive around and play only holes we like, and that may involve jumping from one course to the other.

Like better. I have no idea how to pronounce one or the other the better course. When I play both, I often shake my head at the design. The way to make both courses more fun, for me, is to choose tees on a hole by hole basis. Something like: short tees on long holes, and long tees on short holes. One hole has the tees about 10' apart lol.

Haha, cool, totally agree. We almost only play the shorts now, but that makes some of the short holes really short, and the shorter 2-shot holes into tweeners where it's a non-reachable drive but an easy approach. We keep talking about making a "best of" config where it's a mix of short and long, but we haven't so far. Fun/beer/food outweighs getting caught up in the golf!

We keep talking about making a "best of" config where it's a mix of short and long, but we haven't so far. Fun/beer/food outweighs getting caught up in the golf!

Totally!

How do you deal with 18 Creekside? We saw a group send a guy out to the OB peninsula to stop discs from going in the water LOL. They totally ignored the OB aspect of it. I am only going to lose so many discs before just calling it quits.

How do you deal with 18 Creekside? We saw a group send a guy out to the OB peninsula to stop discs from going in the water LOL. They totally ignored the OB aspect of it. I am only going to lose so many discs before just calling it quits.

Mostly play from the short, and even then the first guy will throw, and then drive around to the basket to try to save any questionable shots, ha ha. Even from the short with any wind it can be crazy.

From the long, it's just assume you'll lose your first disc (and be thrilled if you don't!), and then we'll make up whatever drop-zone, OB, or re-tee rule we feel like. I honestly don't even know the real rules in play there.

The short tees used to be a 200 foot shot across the water. I liked it a lot better then. If you miss that putter layup a little long from the short tees now, you're in the water. If you play too conservative, you have a long putt for 2 that may roll into the water. Easy 3 if you want to wimp it up there. I just can't seem to do that anymore.

Last edited:
The short tees used to be a 200 foot shot across the water. I liked it a lot better then. If you miss that putter layup a little long from the short tees now, you're in the water. If you play too conservative, you have a long putt for 2 that may roll into the water. Easy 3 if you want to wimp it up there. I just can't seem to do that anymore.

You talkin' about 18 Creek? Where is the short tee now? You make it sound like it's over by the cart garages, playing over land instead of the shot across the water???

Last edited:
You talkin' about 18 Creek? Where is the short tee now? You make it sound like it's over by the cart garages, playing over land instead of the shot across the water???

It's over by the path... as you walk around the pond to the left. 160 foot over land the whole way. Played it there this summer. Disappointed by the move. Not everyone in our group can carry 300 feet over water to play the longs.