• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

And besides, it shouldn't be the responsibility of a guest of Selah to know (or care) about some upcoming tournament, right? If I call to make a reservation for the Corral House, with an expectation of playing golf all weekend, then they need to know right then whether there is an event going on that weekend (especially Am World Doubles), and inform me that weekend isn't available. Right?

And besides, it shouldn't be the responsibility of a guest of Selah to know (or care) about some upcoming tournament, right? If I call to make a reservation for the Corral House, with an expectation of playing golf all weekend, then they need to know right then whether there is an event going on that weekend (especially Am World Doubles), and inform me that weekend isn't available. Right?

I make reservations at ski/golf resorts several times a year, to ski and play disc golf. They almost always have some sort of swat golf, biking, ski party, event or competition going on. They never run down a list of activities when reserving a room. The room is available or not. The rest is my job.

Well with everything being so new there I think "right now" may be a little hasty for them. I would be willing to bet that they know the end of march is a no go though. I wouldn't want to go on a weekend like that anyways cause the courses would be full.

I plotted a single-line trail (not individual holes) for both courses in Google Maps, just because I had nothing better to do:
http://goo.gl/maps/rSWYr

This was to estimate straight-line walking distance, so no paths over water.

Less than six miles? Bah, I'm walking. I think you miss some of the beauty of a place like that when you're on wheels.

TBH walking really wasn't that bad during Am World Dubs.

Will I rent a cart every time I go back for any non-tournament play? Absolutely.

I would probably be renting a cart. When (If) I get to go to Selah, I will more than likely have the wife and children with me. They will not want to walk.

What's typical or average weather in early October? I have a chance to be in Dallas and will gladly make a side trip to Selah if at all possible.

Weather is almost always 72-76 degrees and breezy around the first of October.

Like a slice of Heaven that time of year.

This was posted on the ranch FB page sad news about Pete...

Pete, the big Yellow Lab from Selah Ranch has been missing since last Tuesday. Numerous people have been around the ranch all week, but to our sadness he has disappeared. Most guests to the ranch are well acquainted with this big old sweetheart. We sure do miss him and hope that he will show up soon.

Cookie is still here, but lonely, especially considering they have been together since birth. Any leads or sightings would be appreciated. These two Labs have a strong presence with our guests and us alike. Their picture is on the FB page and the website. They're the ones mentioned over and over on DG Course Review.

Sad news about Slippery Pete -- I hope he returns.

In other news, I'm shocked these courses don't have more reviews.

That's so sad. My wife was devastated. We've stayed at Selah three times and have been pretty well acquainted with both dogs.

We were at Selah yesterday. Dave was puttsing around the pro shop. We saw cookie and so i asked, " where's pete?" His face turned somber. He shrugged his shoulders, frowned, and shook his head. He didn't even want to say words. He said, "he's gone". You could tell he missed that dog more than anything in the world. Cookie too. When we pulled up she was in the garage laying between carts, she didn't move a muscle.

That's so sad. My wife was devastated. We've stayed at Selah three times and have been pretty well acquainted with both dogs.

We were at Selah yesterday. Dave was puttsing around the pro shop. We saw cookie and so i asked, " where's pete?" His face turned somber. He shrugged his shoulders, frowned, and shook his head. He didn't even want to say words. He said, "he's gone". You could tell he missed that dog more than anything in the world. Cookie too. When we pulled up she was in the garage laying between carts, she didn't move a muscle.

We didn't see Pete last October when we were there. Cookie was with us for 36 holes. She rode in the cart with me on the last 19. I'm so sorry to hear about Pete. I hope Cookie is in good spirits when we return this year. She's the best!

Sad news about Pete. He was definitely a highlight of my stay there. He didn't leave our side for 3 days.

Hard to believe that Cookie is Pete's mom. He's so much bigger than she is, and moves like he's much older as well. I hate to hear about this.

Anybody been to Selah in the last week or 2? I just got a 3rd-hand report that a couple guys had a poor experience there recently, in part because there was a lot of unplayable parts due to high water. I know there were mud reports a year (or more?) ago. Is this to be a recurring problem? Has it really been that rainy in the Selah region?

Sounds like they got 5 inches, and at the peak, the tee AND BRIDGE on Lakeside #7 were underwater. Wow.

Of course most holes were still playable; I hear they were charging half price, but carts were not allowed.

Sometimes it does rain, even in Texas.

Latest posts