• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I love Bill and Flip City, but I won't rate it because I don't want to end up being some sort of pariah around here. It's simply too easy to warrant a "5." Nonetheless, it's one of my favorite places on Earth.

Too late, we have already been through this. It's not about Bill... he's done nothing but good for disc golf. It's people that think that only one place can be a 5. So they have to hate on the course that is in front of "Their course".:mad::sick::doh:

That guy probably didn't even play at Selah, nobody that has actually been there and played the course would give it under a 4 unless they have some kind of disorder.

Dave just told me the fishing was really good there. We have to take our own equipment but there is a place not to far off that you can buy some bait at. He also said there are fire pits on the campsites with firewood supplied. I'm pumped for the trip and can't wait to get there Friday!

in the pros he says "great course and all... blah blah

in the cons "this shouldn't be ranked no.1, Flip and Idlewild are way better

that's pretty much it, and rated it a 2.0

I saw someone on DGCR attacking the Hippodrome the other day as well. He copied and pasted a couple of small negative paragraphs into each of the three courses and gave them all 1.5s. I was blessed with the opportunity to visit the Augusta area in early April (nephew stationed at Fort Gordon) and played the Hippodrome. All of it. Payed the price the next day by not being able to throw very well at the IDGC. This guy was way off base, obviously just there to attack the ratings.

It's hard for me, incidentally, not to rate courses too highly having grown up in this sport when you drove an hour or two away to play what would be considered boring Disc Golf today. If it has decent tees, baskets and purpose on most holes, I'm going to think it's at least a 4. :)

championlog22, please report back with photos of the new carts, and a description of space available for disc bags and coolers. Thanks!

here's the pic of the carts. Plenty of room back there and a fold-down tailgate.

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 80
ranch pics

view of lakeside 17-18 from the pro shop, and one of the very large campsites. The dirt road ridge is the tee of Creekside #1. Quarter mile from the pro shop. Pretty nice and shaded.

Attachments

• ranch.jpg
    ranch.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 35
  • pro shop view.jpg
    pro shop view.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 42
we played from sunrise - sunset and it was TOP NOTCH

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 31
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for the cart pic! We usually used the back seat for disc bags and coolers, so no great loss for us. Extra guys simply left their bags on the carts and walked along. Seems obvious, but it's so much easier to walk if you're not carrying your bag (and a bunch of beer).

Thanks for the cart pic! We usually used the back seat for disc bags and coolers, so no great loss for us. Extra guys simply left their bags on the carts and walked along. Seems obvious, but it's so much easier to walk if you're not carrying your bag (and a bunch of beer).

Heard that. No problem man!

I saw someone on DGCR attacking the Hippodrome the other day as well. He copied and pasted a couple of small negative paragraphs into each of the three courses and gave them all 1.5s. I was blessed with the opportunity to visit the Augusta area in early April (nephew stationed at Fort Gordon) and played the Hippodrome. All of it. Payed the price the next day by not being able to throw very well at the IDGC. This guy was way off base, obviously just there to attack the ratings.
I read those, and having never played there really can't say his position is "way off base", but no one should be copy-pasting the same review for three different courses just to describe his feelings about the whole complex. That sort of thing should be reported.

Another note to add is that the new carts are gas powered and have much more rugged tires. They handled the terrain much better then the older ones did, plus you do not have to worry about charging them in the middle of the day if you plan to play multiple rounds.

Last edited:
Another note to add is that the new carts are gas powered and have much more rugged tires. They handled the terrain much better then the older ones did, plus you do not have to worry about charging them in the middle of the day if you plan to play multiple rounds.

That's right. We started on half a tank of gas and ended with over a quarter of a gallon. And that's with about 4 cross-course full speed races.

Good to see the new carts. I had to push one of the old ones out of the mud on Lakeside when my wife and I were there. Looks like these would blow right thru the muck. Can't wait to get back here.

Latest posts