• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Shallow rim putt and approach

centervolume

I've bonded with my pro D zone and looking for a replacement since they don't appear to be making (m)any more.

Any recommendations on a sub? Pro D is pretty grippy and the top is flat, throws overstable but not as much as current Z etc ones.

Low profile / shallow rim is good.

Have tried :

Harp (close)
Hard Tactic (little too stable)
Baseline emac truth (more of midrange)

Have you tried a Basic Jokeri or an Electron Envy? Both will be less stable than a regular Zone and feel slightly more putter shaped while still holding power very well.

I've thrown a couple chiefs. They were both flat and felt shallower than a zone. They fly straight/stable but unlike a zone they will definitely turn if you crank on them with any OAT.

You might look into a Chief OS it would fly closer to a zone if I had to bet.

RingerGT all the way, if you can find them. Not OOP, but not as high a priority as boutique runs of Hawks and Venoms.....

Anyone have experience with chief or shaman ?

Yes, both are quite low profile. Shaman us understable, Chief isn't nearly as overstable as a Zone. They do both feel great in the hand IMO (I was a Shaman thrower, never had a need for a Chief because of the way my bag has been).

Just saw Infinite stocked some more Ringer GT's in Glo Jawbreaker. Best replacement I think for a Pro D Zone. I have both discs and thrown most others.

Prodigy A3 or DGA Breaker. Not many people know about the A3 despite all the amazing shots the pros make with it

D-Line Breakers are great, but they seem to always be sold out. Aviarx3 XT pro's are good as well, I like the tackiness of the plastic. Good luck in your search.