• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shattered

wake_rider

Birdie Member
Well, I had a crazy thing happen today. I was playing a snow round here in Norman, Oklahoma, at NE Lions park. I had a dead on ace run with my nicely seasoned KcPro Aviar on hole 9, as it got closer I suddenly saw a nice big skip and heard that loud CLANG.... right off the top of the basket. "Ah h3ll," I literally said, but oh well, it will be a drop in bird. As I was walking down to the basket I was a little bummed that I just missed out on a snowy ace with my favorite putter, but suddenly became far more bummed as I walked up to putt it in and realized this...

12299977975_5ff00f992d.jpg

12299979615_2ae92b9aab.jpg

Odd shatter, eh? I'm not going to be dishonest, I was pretty bummed initially as this is my "go to" putter, and an ace disc at that. That disappointment quickly changed to intrigue though as I've never seen a disc split like this. They're always pretty straight splits, or even have a bit of a shattered pattern, but to be uniformly wavy like that just straight across the flight plate was pretty unique, I thought.

Anywhoo, I just thought I'd share an odd disc split and near ace story that happened all in one throw....

I saw 37 people viewed it and nobody replied so I thought I'd comment.

It sucks your disc shattered. Maybe you can hang it up to remember the good ole days. Perhaps now you can try other molds and have a new go to disc.

Well, I had a crazy thing happen today. I was playing a snow round here in Norman, Oklahoma, at NE Lions park. I had a dead on ace run with my nicely seasoned KcPro Aviar on hole 9, as it got closer I suddenly saw a nice big skip and heard that loud CLANG.... right off the top of the basket. "Ah h3ll," I literally said, but oh well, it will be a drop in bird. As I was walking down to the basket I was a little bummed that I just missed out on a snowy ace with my favorite putter, but suddenly became far more bummed as I walked up to putt it in and realized this...

12299977975_5ff00f992d.jpg

12299979615_2ae92b9aab.jpg

Odd shatter, eh? I'm not going to be dishonest, I was pretty bummed initially as this is my "go to" putter, and an ace disc at that. That disappointment quickly changed to intrigue though as I've never seen a disc split like this. They're always pretty straight splits, or even have a bit of a shattered pattern, but to be uniformly wavy like that just straight across the flight plate was pretty unique, I thought.

Anywhoo, I just thought I'd share an odd disc split and near ace story that happened all in one throw....

How did u hit a tree at lions there's not that many there anymore! But as to the split I've seen lots older DX and some of that plastic split down the middle. It's a wall hanger now, or a dog disc.

Sorry for the loss. It looks like she's been in your bag for a while. That's why I take my main putter out of the bag when temps get down to freezing. Losing a mid or driver is one thing, but to lose your putter...devastating. Definitely should add your pics here.

I had a KC Pro Aviar break just like that as well. It actually convinced me to move on from Innova to better companies.

I had one of my go to putters crack extremely similar to that. I was quite upset.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391531669.096015.jpg

I live in the northwest, most people around here don't throw their older kc pro, and Champion Edition discs in the winter. Especially white ones in the snow. It seems like the older the disc, the more brittle it gets, throw in the cold temperatures/snow, and that's not a good combination. It sucks that you shattered your disc, that's a bummer.

Notice that the center part of the split, on both those discs, follows the injection circle in the middle for a distance---looks like a pressure wave from hitting something dead on.

Notice that the center part of the split, on both those discs, follows the injection circle in the middle for a distance---looks like a pressure wave from hitting something dead on.

That's where mine broke too, though it was the dead of summer. I think there was something poorly done with one or two runs of those that cause a weakness there. In addition to mine and this one, I've seen one other KC Pro Aviar on the course with the center popped out, though I can't confirm that it wasn't intentional since I wasn't there when the damage happened.

Looks like that'll buff right out!!! :eek:

On a more serious note..... that sucks dude!!! Hate to see that happen to such a treasured disc of yours.

Latest posts