• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving Cream, a retrospective

Dan Howard

Double Eagle Member
El Dude pointed out that we just had a little birthday of sorts. It was two years ago that the first disc was stuck in some shaving cream that had dye swirled in it. I thought a little retrospective may be fun, here's a bunch of my favorites. Please feel free to add any discs that you enjoyed pulling out of the shaving cream muck!

The first
marblingDSC_6330.jpg

The first one I liked
whitenukeDSC_6435.jpg

The rest, this one is still on the wall
sunflowerteebird2DSC_6554.jpg

WPstarvalksDSC_7631.jpg

pickingflowerssDSC_8136.jpg

Autumn Trees still takes the cake imho.

@ Dan: how has it held up over time? you should post a current pic...

Post the ace of spades dye you did Dan, That was one of my favorites.......

Here's some of my favorites, obviously not with the skill that you guys have:
734922_10200314834175797_520010047_n.jpg

The infamous "Bacon Flag" on my Textured Ion...drew the lines right on the shaving cream for a cool effect
427270_10200524057726255_28436315_n.jpg

The "Mind Trip" on my MVP Shock. Great driver, and a cool effect added by sprinkling some dye powder straight on the shaving cream...shoul dhave left it in the cream for another hour or so, woul dhave had more vibrant colors
13134_10200557559243772_2006750433_n.jpg

My attempt at the Army of Darkness stencil on a Neutron Ion. The colors and swirls turned out pretty cool, but the contact paper didn't stick and left some serious bleeds. I've actually gotten some compliment on the effect, even though I thought it just about ruined the disc.

The Bacon flag :D

@Russell, Autumn Trees is on Mobster's wall, gonna have to let him answer that one.

And Bamm, here ya go
innovaRocSpadessDSC_2823.jpg

Dude the way you got that black that dark and then the purple swirls and all is just awesome.

Dan, once again making it hard to follow.... :doh:

;) Awesome work by the way.