• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes with strong toe caps

Stable

* Ace Member *
I have a lot toe drag when I throw forehand. Just how it is. Not going to try and change the way I throw anymore. The only boots/shoes that I've owned that have been able to handle this without wearing down are the Keen Targhee. I've owned two pairs of these boots and neither had shown any wear on the toe. I bought a pair of Merrell Moabs mids recently and the right toe is already starting to deteriorate after less then 10 rounds of golf.

Anyone recommend some good waterproof shoes that can handle a lot of toe drag on concrete tee pads?

I've put tuff toe on DG shoes. Its not that hard, but you can send shoes to the tuff toe HQ and they'll do the professional awesome application.

ds4SCXyl.jpg

If its good enough for MLB pitchers! (we actually had our rec softball cleats with tuff toe back when I still played competitive softball leagues).

Its not that hard to put on. With Disc golf I ended up having to put on tuff toe for both shoes because of toe drag on both feet sidearm/backhand.

eventually I just changed my form and have no toe drag for both sidearm/backhand.

That stuff work ok with running shoes?

it works with running shoes.

all the shoes in my picture are running minimalist style shoes - light flexible and very low heel to toe drop.

even the gore tex high tops have minimal 4mm heel to toe drop and weigh 8oz.

Most Walmarts and Home Depots carry a product called Shoe Goo. Skateboarders often use it to extend the life of their shoes. I'd try it out. Its helped me extend the life of a few pairs of DG shoes.

Any construction adhesive or solvent based cleanup sealants work well. I use black silicone on my bag bottoms.

Tough Toe is serious strength. Your shoes will fall apart long before the Tough Toe application is worn through. Maybe try a cheaper alternative to find out if such a thing will actually solve your problem, but you will not find better than Tough Toe. It is made for pitchers who drag their toe on every pitch who will drag more than I can imagine anyone ever doing playing disc golf. Also, people who buy expensive work boots that are meant to last a long time swear by the stuff. It is most useful for those that work on their knees often (like people who lay tile, not like your mom) because the toes often get worn through well before any other part of the shoe.

Last edited:
Most important thing is comfy shoes that fit well.
Screw the shoe goo, when you find comfy shoes buy 2 or 3 pairs, then you're set. :hfive:
#toedraggersrule. #functionbeatsform

Sorry for the necromancing but the Keen Saltzmans have pretty durable toe caps. The pair I'm currently using have served me well for a bit over 2 years and I'm playing 5 day's a week if not more when it isn't snowing.

picture.php

And I prefer to wear shoes without socks. It's much more convenient for me. I know that many Fashionistas wear socks to match the shoes and never pull the elastic band of the sock high, lowering it half the length (in combination with short trousers or shorts). They constantly monitor how their socks look, try to cut all the threads, and so on. As for me, it's a pointless waste of time. I've been in what I'm comfortable in for a long time. I spit on all the principles of others. And if it's convenient for me to wear adidas yeezy boost 350 sneakers without socks, then I'll wear them that way...

And I prefer to wear shoes without socks. It's much more convenient for me. I know that many Fashionistas wear socks to match the shoes and never pull the elastic band of the sock high, lowering it half the length (in combination with short trousers or shorts). They constantly monitor how their socks look, try to cut all the threads, and so on. As for me, it's a pointless waste of time. I've been in what I'm comfortable in for a long time. I spit on all the principles of others. And if it's convenient for me to wear adidas yeezy boost 350 sneakers without socks, then I'll wear them that way...

you dg in those

you dg in those

Kind of a weird first post for someone, eh?

Kind of a weird first post for someone, eh?
yah not something i would admit to the gang

Bunch of nuts who throw frisbees.

... to absolutely no one.

...while taking a two mile hike through the park.

Throw > Walk > Throw > Pickup
Repeat if necessary.

....calling someone else weird? :confused:

:p

Latest posts