• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I get an Epic?

Should I get an Epic?

• Total voters
it is the off centered disc

It is a floater, so that is a bonus :), I did not think it was that great of a thumber, but a select fee can do amazing barrell rolls with it

ask Kwick, it is the second coolest disc in the world, second only to
Arrow.jpg

i found an arrow, actually it was very very straight with sidearm or backhand, they just have a weird grip, and get warped pretty easily.

no......
unless you are a very proficient overhand thrower and you throw them enough to need the extra control and precision the epic CAN GIVE (for some, others not so much) it's a novelty. I did like it when we flipped for doubles teams; it was a great conversation starter and very easy to spot.

i'm kinda against the epic for 2 reasons.... they are a one trick pony and the time it takes for you to master one seems to be counterproductive to one's score.....
and.
i'm slightly against the OH throw as it does a lot of physical damage as most people are out of shape, throw it incorrectly, or are not warmed up.
I really liked my Epic, it was "baseball accurate" for any shot i was trying to throw within my range. BUT, it always messed up my shoulder when i had to use it; in my attempts to avoid darwinist actions, i gave it away to avoid hurting myself. Since then i've found a few suitable replacements in my bag that give me similar results. (not quite as good, but "good enough") All my throws end up on the fairway, so i really never needed the epic more than once in a very blue moon.
/\
green for sarcasm, but very true just the same.

Nope. Goofy disc. Haven't seen anyone throw the thing right yet. Personally haven't thrown one, but it looks very very inconsistant. I'll stick with what I've got for tomo's and such.

In the book of "some people's knowledge never ceases to amaze me"...

I love how Veek says to look at the bottom of a pond and get an Epic for free...and he picks on one of the very few discs that CAN'T be found at the bottom...as they float!

I mainly throw thumber so I bought this disc. I threw it for an hour at a field by my DG course racking up distances of 50-150 ft., and a guy took it and said "this is how you throw it" and threw it 300 feet.
FML, I throw backhand now.

your post had me rollin!

one of my favorite throws is my overhand tomahawks and thumbers. i didn't vote on this poll because i have yet to throw an epic.

one day i'll get my hands on one and give it a try.

the epic is sorta fun to mess around with but its tough to throw well without bombing your shoulder

When I first started out I threw almost exclusively thumbers. I could bet them out to 300 or so. I bought an Epic as a crutch to let me keep up with the good local players who were throwing FH and BH.

It is very unpredictable due to the fact it can be tuned. Every time it thunders in it changes shape and needs to be retuned.

I have thrown them over 400 but also tore my rotator cuff I was hucking it so hard.

Torn cuff forced me to stop throwing thumbers and learn a backhand....which i can now throw over 400 with a good throw.

The Epic is a POS circus disc which is great fun to throw off mountains but has no business on a DG course.

Learn to throw BH and don't waste your money or shoulder on this epic POS

It is very unpredictable due to the fact it can be tuned. Every time it thunders in it changes shape and needs to be retuned.

This sums it up. The few longer throws I had were not worth tuning and second guessing how it needed to be tuned.

Sure, you'd throw it once and see its flipping to easy, so you bend the edge up a little. Little do you know that it landed hard on edge at an angle that already did that for you. And I couldnt tell if 1 side of the disc was bent more one way over the other side.

Just a pain.

How does the epic compare to the flick? I love my flick for OH shots. I can bomb it about 350 with enough ceiling and use it for certain shots all over the place.

Flick is why I said to hell with the Epic for OH as the Flick does about as good IMO as far as distance. Better when you average out the random weird throws of the Epic, and you can do a lot more things with a Flick in flex shots, huge hyzers, skips and rollers.

Latest posts