• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

silverback and kong internal frames

SybotCB

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy one of these two golf bags. But I had a question for you guys.

I think personally I would prefer the Silverback. But I wanted to know if the Internal Frame on the Silverback had two inside dividers in it or just one. I wanted to put my drivers on one side, mids/putters on the other, with a space for towels and stuff in the center.

I'm pretty sure the kong can make three sections. I just wanted to know if the silverback does too?

The dividers are kind of pointless. They're not strong enough to do what you want them to do. I have a Kong and stopped using them a long time ago.

Wow. I think that's the first time I've made a criticism of my Kong.

I think the problem is that they're only connected to the PVC on the bottom. It's not like accordion dividers that are connected all the way to the top.

The dividers are kind of pointless. They're not strong enough to do what you want them to do. I have a Kong and stopped using them a long time ago.

Wow. I think that's the first time I've made a criticism of my Kong.

Yeah. This is the only downside I have with my Kong too. The dividers kind of suck. You can make three compartments if you want though. Thats what I usually do. Drivers, mids and spots for towels. You just have to rearrange after rounds.

Thanks for the advice on the dividers being a little flimsy. That is disappointing to hear let me tell you.

My original question still stands though. Does the silverback let you do three sections as well.

I might be able to reinforce the dividers in some way.

Hmm.

the dividers aren't the best quality, but i like them more than those POS Innova frames in the Competition and DisCarrier models :gross: those are flimsy

The silverback only has one divider but its just corrugated plastic you can buy form lowes or home depot for dirt cheap and make as many as you like.

The GB frame isnt pretty but you dont see it and it does its job fine, no complaints with my silverback.

It weighs nothing... and is fully functional. Keep it Simple... principle in spades.

the dividers aren't the best quality, but i like them more than those POS Innova frames in the Competition and DisCarrier models :gross: those are flimsy

Along with the fade gear bags. I reinforced the frame of my bag by running a clothes hanger all the way through the top of the frame and through the sides right above that one stitch at the top, only cutting the tiniest holes to thread the hanger though the sides and front and back. Works great. Gives me two decent sized pocket on eithr side of my discs that don't colopse and squish all my goodies.

I also have 2 12" pvc pips that run the length of the bag, underneath the discs. Also works great. Helps frame out the bottom and keeps it from sagging.

Total cost for my frame = 2 bucks
Total weight of frame = 1/4 lb. at best. I think my sandwhiches weigh more.

Last edited:

Latest posts