• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

similar discs, to have or not to have!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoX_

ive thrown the star destroyer since it came out and loved it once broken in a little. i found that a new star orc throws just like a used destroyer.

i just got the star katana and love how it can do what the destroyer does, a with less effort, ( less full body torque to get the anny) which is awesome cause im gettin old.

blabla bla. here it the question. and dont respond with the word preference...

when i was my best i was only useing about 6 discs. i have these 3 discs that are very similar. should i keep all 3 for these slight shot changes, or just keep one?

what do you do when you have such similar disc's in your bag?

also, what innova disc flies super straight to 300ft, like an elite z surge?

do you take advantage of a couple differences in speed?

I have 11 discs in my bag. 6 drivers 2 of which are wraiths (one is pro and doesn't fly off as far) two which are the katana and boss (one is better at dog legs and the other just goes farther) a tee rex which is almost the same as the wraith. So i have about 5 discs which are all pretty similar but I know when i need to use one and when to use the others. It does get hard on the shot when two of them could work, but I do like to have many discs for the chance to get use to them. It also helps so one disc doesn't get totally broken in. I guess that's just me but I enjoy having the picks... but in close games of skins it can also be the death to you.

ive thrown the star destroyer since it came out and loved it once broken in a little. i found that a new star orc throws just like a used destroyer.

Then you have no business throwing a Destroyer.
i just got the star katana and love how it can do what the destroyer does, a with less effort, ( less full body torque to get the anny) which is awesome cause im gettin old.
Then you have serious form flaws.

blabla bla. here it the question. and dont respond with the word preference...

when i was my best i was only useing about 6 discs. i have these 3 discs that are very similar. should i keep all 3 for these slight shot changes, or just keep one?

Sounds like even the Orc is too much for you.

what do you do when you have such similar disc's in your bag?

Get rid of them and learn to shape lines with fewer molds.

also, what innova disc flies super straight to 300ft, like an elite z surge?
A Teebird.

do you take advantage of a couple differences in speed?

Not really, I don't throw anything much more more faster than I can handle.
Welcome to the site amigo, your game is about to take a dramatic turn for the better. :hfive:

ok. and what should a destroyer do? they have like the same numbers...

destroyers thrown anhyzer go way far.

i played hockey, golf, and lacrosse for years. i have amazing lacrosse shooting form. start with the rotation of toes to hips and finally out with the hand. its physics.

im just not sure where your sources for learning are from? i can through further than most people ive ever seen

If discs are in a similar class but fly differently enough for you to find uses for them, keep them all. If you find that you're not using one of the 3, dump it, or carry it along. It's your choice in the end...

I personally have a few discs that are similar in my bag - Wraith, Valkyrie, XL - and usually find places to use each (Though I'm finding less opportunities to use the Valk, so it may get pushed out of the bag). I like knowing exactly what a disc will do when I throw it...so if there are slight variations off of 1 disc, sometimes there's a use for that change.

I don't really know what "speed" I can handle, but I suppose if you don't throw your putter 400' that some people here will say you shouldn't move up to a faster disc... (yes, that's an exaggeration)

The Valkyrie and Wraith are similar to the Surge, from my experience.

Have a nice day.

Welcome to the site amigo, your game is about to take a dramatic turn for the better. :hfive:

this faggot pissed me off so much im closing my account. i asked a question which u completely failed to answer, instead u trolled like a bitch. peace:hfive:.

:wall:
stay on the forums and off the course :wall:

Let's review his first (and only) 3 posts..

Post #1, Decent..
Post #2, Arrogant
Post #2, Belligerent

None-the-less.... (back on topic)
Less is more.... I've found that carrying tons of duplicates actually hurts your game. Why? Too many choices less consistency.

When you dial in a few discs, your consistency (obviously) raises... when you add more choices it reduces...

Part of what you are experiencing is the lifespan of discs.... I agree on the Destroyer / Katana comparison IF the destroyer is a 4/5 (on a 0-10 scale lifespan) and the katana is 9/10. In fact, i went the other way... i found an old destroyer and realized that IT could replace my Katana.

you are also realizing that the nuances of discs arent as great as some make things seem... once you master form, lines and technique, you'll find that the nuances get even smaller and that you need less discs...

isnt it amazing how you can play with the 2 "emergency discs" in your car, and maybe a borrowed putter and still score in a close range to how you'd fare if you had your entire bag?

this faggot pissed me off so much im closing my account. i asked a question which u completely failed to answer, instead u trolled like a bitch. peace:hfive:.

You shouldn't be hostile, I'm trying to help you.

The numbers are arbitrary and subjective, they're marketing figures made to move plastic. A Destroyer is a very fast disc that requires someone that can throw in excess of 400' to control. An Orc, which is much slower, would be more than noticeably different than a Destroyer for someone who can throw Destroyers 400'.

A Flex shot, which is what you are doing when throwing with anhyzer for distance, is a good way to get big distance with discs that are too fast/overstable for you. It is most likely encouraging bad form like OAT and rolling your wrist over.

Please do not compare apples to oranges, just because you can play lacrosse doesn't mean you can throw a disc and vice versa.

PoX: I'd like a 10 lb hamburger please.

Me: Sir, I think the 3 lb hamburger would fill you up just the same.

Pox: Look faggot, I just want a hamburger.

How in the hell did you go from this:
ok. and what should a destroyer do? they have like the same numbers...

To this:

without him even commenting in between them? :doh:

Pox: Should I drive a monster truck?

Me: I think an economical, compact car would be more useful.

Pox: Grrr! I'm so angry I'm frothing on my Dane Cook dvds! Look here (derogatory homosexual slur), I wanted confirmation that I'm f*&*ing awesome!

Pox: Should I take on Brock Lesner next weekend?

BrotherDave: Well, you might want to learn how to box, and maybe wrestle a little first, then take on your little brother.

Pox: OMFGBBWSAMICHWIFCHEESE! I was a balerina for 17 years and danced with Micheal Flatly you dog-loving-sheep-humper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts