• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Similar to the Wraith

progolfer33

Bogey Member
I lost my Wraith today so I'm looking for a replacement. I want something that has similar flight characteristics, but I would like it to have a thinner lip. Any suggestions?

A P-PD would be similar with a smaller rim. It's about the same stability as a slightly beat-in Star Wraith with a little less turn and a little less fade. Basically, it's straighter and more controllable.

but if he likes the wraith, why change? the discs with smaller lips are not going to be exactly the same. (although neither will a replacement wraith)

but if he likes the wraith, why change? the discs with smaller lips are not going to be exactly the same. (although neither will a replacement wraith)

I just like the flight characteristics. Slightly high speed understable and something that cuts back hard. Just wondering if it was possible to get a similar flight with a smaller lip.

How about the QuarterK II QK II (partially suggested because it is the same speed and I have one for sale :))

I have a Nuke also ;)

This tool might be useful for finding something similar ;). Look for something with a lower speed but the same stability rating and the chances are good that the rim will be narrower (but I'll let the experts sound off). That said, the Surge really is the Wraith doppelgänger.

This tool might be useful for finding something similar ;). Look for something with a lower speed but the same stability rating and the chances are good that the rim will be narrower (but I'll let the experts sound off). That said, the Surge really is the Wraith doppelgänger.

Thanks for posting this. I looked at it the other day but didn't save a copy...
Pretty valuable/informative tool!

Wraith with a narrower rim would be the Orc.

I would agree when the Orc is new. It'll beat in straighter (lose the fade more than a beat wraith)

I would suggest one if you don't want a surge. I totally disagree with the P-PD notion - flies nothing like a wraith for me (~330-340' driver here)

gcr_russell; said:
On the other hand if you get an Orc your life will change.

I've been playing with a Wraith for a while, but I recently took it out of my bag in favor of a champ Orc to work on some technique. While the Orc probably won't fly quite as far as a Wraith, it does have similar characteristics and is a little easier to throw (in my opinion thus far).

I didn't think about the Orc before, but now that so many people have mentioned it, I'll jump on that bandwagon. I've pretty much found the Orc to be a slower Wraith.

Latest posts