• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Sirius Scorpius

Anybody try the 1.8 runs of bottom stamp Scorpius's? I want to pick a couple up, but I want to make sure they're not super gummy Sirius plastic like the ones Ive gotten before

Also, thread resurrection for a great mold!

I am also curious about this. I wonder, are the 1.8's embossed as well? If the 1.8's were run in a similar time frame to the current embossed Destroyer run, then hopefully they are closer to first run Scorps in stability. I found both the 2.1's or 1.7's to be a good bit more overstable than the first runs.

Also, what is the stiffest feeling run of S Scorpius? My older stiff ones were money..
If anybody possesses some, I would gladly give you currencies for the aquisition of said discs.

Also, what is the stiffest feeling run of S Scorpius? My older stiff ones were money..
If anybody possesses some, I would gladly give you currencies for the aquisition of said discs.

From what I've seen and felt, stiffer to softer: white first run, yellow first run, blue 2.1 / pink bottom-stamp 1.7, white 2.1 (168g), "no-version" bottom stamp (167-170).

White 1st and blue 2.1 have a nice and even pop top at 175, yellow a bit of dome, pink 1.7 as well. Lower weights, less dome in my experience..

All my first runs are stiffer than my 2.1 or 1.7 (or any of the ones I felt in the store if memory serves). From memory, I have red, white, yellow, and orange first runs. I have a pink 2.1 and light blue 1.7. I don't have any of the older bottom stamps so can't speak to those although I know there are a couple batches with different pen. Not ready to sell my stack of first runs just yet, sorry. I'll let you know if I get a hankering to get rid of them.

Seems like they have some at steep prices over at golfdisc.com.

Scorpius

Threw a metal flake Scorpius for the first time today. 171g.

Nice disc overall. For me it felt like a mellower (less stable) champion Destroyer. Good glide and I was able to actually keep it flat for a good while (unlike a champion Destroyer). Much slower, gradual fade too. I won't call this thing flippy. Not at all. It simply isn't as beefy as a champion Destroyer.

The Scorpius will easily handle huge rips. I flexed it out over 425' once, but I know this disc has a ton more to give. It has a slight hint of high speed turn, but you have to throw the Scorpius hard to see it. Every throw I did with it that wasn't hit right was a disappointment. The Scorpius needs a big rip to make it get downrange properly.

12, 5, -1, 2. I like the softer, gradual fade vs. a Destroyer. Good disc for anyone wanting a Destroyer flight with less bite. Very predictable/accurate driver.

I threw a metal flake Destroyer last week and I liked this Scorpius far better.

I currently bag four of them! They brought my search for a good "destroyer" to an end. They remind me of medium stable Destroyers and beat in nicely. First Runs (1.1) are typically less stable than the current runs (2.1). It took my 167 First Runs a few months of regular throwing to develop turn.

In short they're a consistently molded destroyer that are similar to older runs of Destroyer in stability. Great glide.

This would be how I'd describe the Scorpius I threw today. That perfect (broken in) type Destroyer flight without the sharp fade at the end. Surprisingly good driver. This mold should be more popular considering what it actually does. Millennium got this one right.

I mainly have white First run and blue 2.1 Sirius, most of them pop-top and max weight. These really need 420+ feet of power for me to get that glide, otherwise they're really beefy. The fly beautiful when I hit them right though. I have a couple of yellow max weights with less of a PD2 type beak of a nose that are less stable and a white 2.1 168gr that I haven't really gotten a chance to try out yet. My feeling right now though is that you really need power to get the best out of these, and if you do you will be rewarded greatly.

I mainly have white First run and blue 2.1 Sirius, most of them pop-top and max weight. These really need 420+ feet of power for me to get that glide, otherwise they're really beefy. The fly beautiful when I hit them right though. I have a couple of yellow max weights with less of a PD2 type beak of a nose that are less stable and a white 2.1 168gr that I haven't really gotten a chance to try out yet. My feeling right now though is that you really need power to get the best out of these, and if you do you will be rewarded greatly.

I fully agree the Scorpius takes some big time power to really flex out. That said, I still think its easier to throw than a champion Destroyer. Only on a couple of my hardest throws did I really see any high speed turn.

Since I moved to a new town the only course nearby is a shorter course in the woods. No scorpius-throwing for me at the moment. I miss them so I took them out to flaunt them to all of yalls. Behold, my stash!

Attachments

• ECFEE4AD-D127-45E6-AFE3-C894F24E5FA0.jpg
    ECFEE4AD-D127-45E6-AFE3-C894F24E5FA0.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 98013C6C-724D-4114-B10E-3A9EB856245E.jpg
    98013C6C-724D-4114-B10E-3A9EB856245E.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 70
Since I moved to a new town the only course nearby is a shorter course in the woods. No scorpius-throwing for me at the moment. I miss them so I took them out to flaunt them to all of yalls. Behold, my stash!

Nice. Those bottom stamped pink daddys are siiiiicck!

The pink 1,7s pretty sweet, less stable out of the box. White ones are max weight first runs, great star plastic, overstable af. My favourites are the blue 2.1s, just a tad softer and they beat in a smidge faster (still takes very very long)

James Conrad is absolutely crushing his pink Scirpius at the Music city open, CCDG coverage