• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Site News / Announcement

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey all,

I started the site shortly after getting into disc golf a little over 15 years ago now and I've had such an amazing time building the site, managing it, reading and participating in the discussions and seeing all the new courses and places disc golf has taken root. The community has helped me organize countless disc golf road trips, to meet and develop friendships with some incredible people, and learn so much about everything from courses to technique.

Due to a variety of reasons, I've decided it was time to sell the site. After 15 years, I'm ready to take a break from the daily tasks and maintenance the site requires like running the server, software updates, and coding. I'll be turning over ownership and technical administration of the site to a team with more time and resources to invest into upgrades for the forum, apps and main site.

That said, I'm not going anywhere and will be around but just taking a slightly less active role in moderating the main site and also stepping back from technical aspects. I'll also be training a few folks to moderate the main part of the site so that I can ease back from that.

Without the DGCR community, the site really wouldn't have been anything at all. So thank you guys for making it all possible, it's been such a rewarding experience to have had a part in helping so many people and building this little corner of the internet. I'll be looking forward to see where it goes from here.

Tim

Thank You TIM!!!
It's been great getting to use the site and all it offers, but I really want to thank you for always being so responsive and professional in dealing with questions, fixes, and, well all the hard work.
I plan to keep using and recommending DGCR for a long, long time!

I wish I was retiring! Just moving on to new opportunities. Thank you though!

I did kind of mean it "tongue in cheek" when I referred to it as retirement but still wishing you happiness going forward regardless.

Not gonna lie, my heart hit the floor when I started reading this. I was afraid DGCR was going OOP. Thank goodness it shall continue.

Huge thanks for everything you have done, Tim. Disc golf is definitely better for the work you've done.

Best of luck to the sorry folks you're passing this off to. Hope they know what they are getting themselves into!!! :p

Last edited:
Thank you, Tim!! Really appreciate all the time you've put into this site. It's definitely enhanced my disc golf experience.

I'm really curious who the new owners are, but I imagine they'll make a announcement at some point.

Hey that's great...you gave it legs and now it can run on its own. :D

I hope you enjoy it even more now that it's less work.

We all appreciate the years of time an effort to give us reviews, form tips and a place to hang out!

You've done an amazing job on the best disc golf resource out there and also provided a platform for a lot of amazing people to share their wisdom and a bunch of clowns to talk disc :D

I first learned about this website from a chance word-of-mouth encounter in 2008 when I wound up playing a round with a user here named Segamerp or Sgamrp or something close to that. He liked my old plastic I was throwing and suggested DGCR as a place to learn more about what my circle stamp Rhyno was worth. DGCR has been a daily stop for me ever since. Thanks, and best wishes!

Latest posts