• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Site News / Announcement

Wow, y'all beat me to some really good comments, hard to know what else to say.

Definitely agree with jb91, I was holding my breathe reading this, hoping the site wasn't going away, especially with two more days of work this year and very little to do!

I've gotten the feeling for a while that the site is taking more of your time then you ever imagined when you started it. But, DGCR has not lost a step and has only improved over the last several years, very much appreciated from you.

Here's hoping you will now be able to work on that Course Count of 355 and especially your Review Count of just 59!! :D

I'm sure I speak for everyone that we are confident you sold it to new owners that will keep all the things great about this site and make it even better then the other DG sites it dominates!! :thmbup:

Thanks for all the hard work over the years Tim! Anytime I had anything at all to add/critique, you were ALWAYS right on top of it. Truly, can't imagine a website that was loved as much as this one, both by the owner and it's users. At least not one with thousands and thousands of users.

I still have a first run DGCR stamp disc around here somewhere, thing's gotta be worth a fortune by now! :D

I'd like to give a huge thanks to Tim for creating THE best disc golf site out there. Hands down. The wife and I have had some of our most memorable times, largely because of DGCR. I've met a lot of awesome, like minded people because of this site. From all over the places I've been. Montana to Maryland and everywhere in between. I wasted an absurd amount of Tim's time this past summer on updating a crappy WI niner to a crappy WI 18. Days worth of his time. Let alone the Sergeant Means redesign :p But he was nothing but a gentleman about any of it, any time. We'll call it a wash though, since his site also wasted days of my life not ever determining if a hot dog is a sandwich or not. ;)

Here's to 15 more years of DGCR. :hfive:

Yeah, as others mentioned, this site has been more about all the connections and friends made than the reviews or perhaps even disc golf.

When people come together it's a good thing. :)

That's definitely something timg should feel proud about creating, and I hope he realizes the rich value the site has provided over the years.

Like a home away from home.

Hello! I'm Alan from a small company in Texas called Group Builder. We have been managing forums for a little over 20 years now. We plan to continue exactly what Tim and you all have fostered.

Our primary goal over the next year or so is to get to know the community better. Then work will begin to understand the technical features needed for the community. We have focused a lot on mobile apps as of late. We know that updating them and adding to them under the guidance of the community is something we can help with.

This forum software has been end of life for a while so it will need an update for security. Be assured we won't rush into anything. Even when we do we can match the look and feel of the current layout well. But, that won't be for a while and I would give plenty of notice. Glad to be here and please let me know how I can help.

As one of the OGs (#458), thank you for everything you've done for this site and for disc golf as a whole. This was THE go-to site for disc golf and surely helped make a HUGE contribution to the sport's growth. At my previous job, I got written up for the amount of time I spent on DGCR and for the amount of paper I was printing for road trips, maps, courses, scorecards, etc. all from the site. I was told I was banned from visiting the site on company computers. I followed the ban for about 3 days and learned the importance of being more discreet.

Without this site, I wouldn't know about the dangers of hole #8, the dangers of rating Flip City below a 5.0, War Eagle (who I tracked down online and posted personal information about before TimG decided that should be deleted), impressing girls on first dates, keeping an eye out for ninjas on courses, or My Life! Just don't sell to Elon or you'll be out of a job.

Does this also mean you'll finally have time to start writing reviews again? After all it is Disc Golf COURSE REVIEW.

Last edited:
Exciting news Tim! I know I have only been here about 2.5 years but this site has come to mean so much to me over that time. As others have said the reviews are wonderful and the forums are okay I guess ;) but one of the best parts has been the sense of community. I'm excited to see what's next for DGCR.

Hey all,

I started the site shortly after getting into disc golf a little over 15 years ago now and I've had such an amazing time building the site, managing it, reading and participating in the discussions and seeing all the new courses and places disc golf has taken root. The community has helped me organize countless disc golf road trips, to meet and develop friendships with some incredible people, and learn so much about everything from courses to technique.

Due to a variety of reasons, I've decided it was time to sell the site. After 15 years, I'm ready to take a break from the daily tasks and maintenance the site requires like running the server, software updates, and coding. I'll be turning over ownership and technical administration of the site to a team with more time and resources to invest into upgrades for the forum, apps and main site.

That said, I'm not going anywhere and will be around but just taking a slightly less active role in moderating the main site and also stepping back from technical aspects. I'll also be training a few folks to moderate the main part of the site so that I can ease back from that.

Without the DGCR community, the site really wouldn't have been anything at all. So thank you guys for making it all possible, it's been such a rewarding experience to have had a part in helping so many people and building this little corner of the internet. I'll be looking forward to see where it goes from here.

Tim

Please come back :D The site hasn't worked correctly since the sale/move... :wall:

Give it time! These things are bound to happen. It's also a busy time of year.

Earlier I stated I'd been here since 2008. I thought about that some more, then noticed the join date up there (duh) and that's 2011 actually for me. I was thinking '08 because I remember talking with the guy I encountered who told me about DGCR also about the '08 worlds being here and the course we were playing (Cold Brook) was used for that.

I've got a funny story about Greg Barsby. A friend of mine was talking with him at some big tournament and mentioned he was from Kalamazoo. Barsby furrowed his brow and asked, "Isn't that where Cold Brook is from?" My friend replied in the affirmative. Barsby: "**** Cold Brook!" From what I was told it was good-natured, but with a ring of truth in the tone of his voice. It's a love it or hate it kind of course for sure.

Hello! I'm Alan from a small company in Texas called Group Builder. We have been managing forums for a little over 20 years now. We plan to continue exactly what Tim and you all have fostered.

Our primary goal over the next year or so is to get to know the community better. Then work will begin to understand the technical features needed for the community. We have focused a lot on mobile apps as of late. We know that updating them and adding to them under the guidance of the community is something we can help with.

This forum software has been end of life for a while so it will need an update for security. Be assured we won't rush into anything. Even when we do we can match the look and feel of the current layout well. But, that won't be for a while and I would give plenty of notice. Glad to be here and please let me know how I can help.

Welcome. Feel free to toss out all of this 1980's decor and repaint. This place is probably due for a remodel anyways.

Greetings. Been an avid DGCR user and contributor since 2009. I'm optimistic that will continue as you take over the reins from Tim. You've inherited quite a bunch of dedicated DG enthusiasts. I welcome you to this wonderful community, as I would any other member!

Latest posts