• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skipping ahead...

there's this one guy who plays at my home course a lot and for some reason i always start 1 when he's starting 2. i always catch him by 3 and end up practicing my putts for a few minutes on 2's basket until he's already played up to 4. (you have to wait for 4's group to tee off before teeing off on 3).

i always catch back up to him on 6 and he always starts playing really fast so i don't catch him. by the time we make the turn he's always disappeared so i'm not sure if he just goes home or starts playing so fast that i don't catch him again.

well about a week ago i caught up to him before he tee'd off and asked if he just wanted to play the round with me since we were both alone. he told me no he'd rather play by himself and told me to play through.

f that kid.
Try not to jump to judgements too much...

Myself for example, I have social phobia. So a lot of the time, playing by myself can be fairly therapeutic. I get fresh air, I get some time to myself, and I get to have some fun playing frolf. I've never turned down playing with people, in fact, I've asked from time to time. But if I'm not feeling terribly well that's exactly what I would have done, I would have asked you to just play through.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with you.

some of you take this **** way to seriously
Are you threatening me?

1310572278394.jpg

At a nine hole course I play at near me, the way the course is designed is pretty weird. Hole 1 is pretty far from the parking lot, and hole 9 is a little bit of a walk back to the parking lot. Hole 2 finishes, and hole 3 tees, are very close to the parking lot, so when I play that course, I always start on 3 and finish on 2. Some people look at me weird, but it works for me.

I don't like when players yell out clear, it can disturb players on the holes ahead who may be in the middle of a crucial putt or up shot. I can usually tell the hole is cleared out by the ringing of the chains. I just listen for 3 or 4 chings wait a good few sec. and throw.

I know down at Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX, there is a blind hole. The basket is on the other side of a hill, so you can't tell when the people are off the hole. There is a bell at the top of a tree, and a long cord coming down. You ring the bell when you are done with the hole to let the people on the tee that its OK to throw.

It's not a pga tourney

I don't like when players yell out clear, it can disturb players on the holes ahead who may be in the middle of a crucial putt or up shot. I can usually tell the hole is cleared out by the ringing of the chains. I just listen for 3 or 4 chings wait a good few sec. and throw.

Seriously? Are the holes that close together that it would bother you? Is this game that serious that someone hollering "clear" a good distance away would disturb a putt? If so, putt again...it's not a tournament. (or is it?)

Usually when I play, I am alone, and not at all short on time. I let people play through, and refuse to let people let me play through. It's an excuse to spend more time outside in the hopefully wonderful weather, and throw multiple shots.

Is anyone familiar with Lincoln Ridge in Northern Kentucky? Many times, and usually it's the guy, his girl, her friend, and his 3 young cousins, without shoes (did I mention their 2 dogs not on a leash), they skip from 4 over to 7 cutting off those who actually know there is a hole 5 and 6 which begin across the parking lot. So, while you might have been ahead of this group and moving along nicely, suddenly you are behind. Playing through? Not an option...it's a concept that these weekend warriors are unfamilar with. Sure, you can change their mind by trading a plug of chew to his lady for the right to tee off in front of them, but if you ain't got no tobacco, you ain't playing through.

Also, you'd think that they'd wonder why they jumped from 4 to 7 and maybe search for no. 5, but I'm certain that counting is a challenge for most of these hobos.

When I was at Richmond, there was this one older guy who was throwing, walking as fast as he could to the disc, throwing, walking fast as he could to the disc, etc.

I was playing with a group, and he came up behind us, and we knew exactly what he was about, so we told him to play through, and he said he would like to play along with us.

Fine with us.

So as soon as he throws, he takes off, not waiting for the rest of us to throw. He walks in front of everyone, finishes his hole, and goes to the next teebox. We laugh to ourselves, we didn't care.

Son of a gun, he was waiting for us at the next teebox. We just told him, go ahead, you play too fast for us. At that point, we didn't care if we were hurting his feelings or not, because he just walked in front of all of us on the last hole. He got the hint, and did his speed walk golf. It was weird.

When I was at Richmond, there was this one older guy who was throwing, walking as fast as he could to the disc, throwing, walking fast as he could to the disc, etc.

I was playing with a group, and he came up behind us, and we knew exactly what he was about, so we told him to play through, and he said he would like to play along with us.

Fine with us.

So as soon as he throws, he takes off, not waiting for the rest of us to throw. He walks in front of everyone, finishes his hole, and goes to the next teebox. We laugh to ourselves, we didn't care.

Son of a gun, he was waiting for us at the next teebox. We just told him, go ahead, you play too fast for us. At that point, we didn't care if we were hurting his feelings or not, because he just walked in front of all of us on the last hole. He got the hint, and did his speed walk golf. It was weird.
Was he mentally stable?

Was he mentally stable?

It's not that rare. I knew a few guys who did something like this, however they wouldn't join up with people. I can see the logic behind it. Running is boring. Add throwing a disc to that, and it make exercise seem less of a pain in the arse.

It's not that rare. I knew a few guys who did something like this, however they wouldn't join up with people. I can see the logic behind it. Running is boring. Add throwing a disc to that, and it make exercise seem less of a pain in the arse.
Interesting. Well, as long as people are enjoying themselves and not too in the way, it's all good. I wouldn't want to get mad at people for getting themselves some exercise!

I asked to play through a family of 200 (But in all seriousness, 8) and the closest woman to me said, "No, we're still playing".

I saw this a lot at Schenley in Pittsburgh when I was playing there a few times a week. Usually it was the same guy but I've seen it from a few different players. Once we let the same guy play through the third or fourth time, he stopped and chatted with us and thanked us for always letting him play through. He likes to run and loves disc golf so he gets 2 rounds in the time it takes me and a buddy to get 1 round in, totally understandable.