• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slang terms for Aces?

Sure, why not? However it DOES depend on the animal you hit. Like a bear for instance. If you hit a bear, I doubt the disc will reach the basket. :D

After I learned to drive, I threw one the landed 10 ft or so from the basket. It was the first really nice drive I ever threw. I said "man, that was almost an ace." I got made fun of... a lot. My name is Nathan, so we dubbed it a "Nace" and the term has become widely used in Rolla disc golf.

So, within 10 feet of the basket is a "Nace."

After I learned to drive, I threw one the landed 10 ft or so from the basket. It was the first really nice drive I ever threw. I said "man, that was almost an ace." I got made fun of... a lot. My name is Nathan, so we dubbed it a "Nace" and the term has become widely used in Rolla disc golf.

So, within 10 feet of the basket is a "Nace."

You parked a disc ten feet from the hole and let them make fun of you for it?

You parked a disc ten feet from the hole and let them make fun of you for it?

I know. Jerks, right? I guess they thought I had a lot to learn about what "almost an ace" really meant. Maybe they were threatened my my new found awesomeness.

Yeah, let's go with that 2nd one.:thmbup:

Three aces in a single round is a "hat trick". Your friends have to remove their caps and toss them at your feet. Then you get to keep the hats.

Three aces in a single round is a "hat trick". Your friends have to remove their caps and toss them at your feet. Then you get to keep the hats.

And exactly how often has this happened?
Here if you are in group of someone who hits an ace, everyone pays that person 5 bucks. And signs his disc.

My addition to the disctionary
Black Ace-Its in a basket, just not the right hole.
Imaginaty Ace-Just over or hits a pole/pin where a basket could be, but isn't.