• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

We went to the best draining course in the area, Valley Springs park, in Durham on Sunday. I guess the park was technically closed since they never opened the gates so we just parked on the road. I am always amazed at this course. Durham got over 6" of rain on Saturday and the course only had 4-5 spots with little puddles. There was a lot of deadfall so we picked up as much as we could.
Threw really well. Had fun.

I went for my local course record today, but fell apart on hole 16.

Yesterday I hit the rim of the basket from the tee on a 220ft hole. Nothing amazing but since the disc dropped right there it was any easy putt. Would have loved the ace, but that is ok.

TD'd/played a tourney last Saturday. Played pretty well and seem to have my putting stroke(temporarily) settled(again). Made 3 outside circle putts and only missed 2 inside(one from inside a bush). Unofficially 972 and 950. The 972 was my best tourney score of a 50 at Diamond X which was on the longest layout, Red-Blue. Great weather, decent play, fun time.

Finally birdied my nemesis hole, first time ever. Then proceeded to bogey the next one, first time in a long time....

Just threw a pleasant nine after work. Had to bogeys in a row near the end which sucked, but finished off on a good note with an outside the circle putt for bird. Finished even.

This was yesterday afternoon, but I shot 5 over on the front 9 and started the back 9 with 5 birdies in a row. Ended up 2 over after bogeying two long par 3's to follow up my birdies.

Played my favorite local 27 hole course and was rusty after almost 2 weeks without throwing a single disc. Consider a good round for me somewhere in the 8 to 12 under range for 27 holes there and only managed a 6 under. If I got off a nice drive then my approach shot or putt would suck, some of my approach shots on the longer holes went further than my drives did, etc. Worst part was "walking away" from my Teebird somewhere along the course. :wall: Spacehead play by me in not picking up the disc first before I attempted my next shot. I have not done that before and won't repeat that mistake twice. Ran into a couple of guys playing well behind me on the course and they said they'd keep an eye out for it, but I think it got bagged by someone. Karma. I have found a couple of discs (no info on them for returning) and have lost a couple. Thankfully still had my Foxbat and the old reliable BUZZ-Z in the bag for those midrange shots. Trying to get in as many rounds as my schedule will allow before the long and bitter upper midwest winter sets in.

Got out for the first time in two weeks, but i've been doing a lot of driving putter form work in my yard. It showed. Even par, 4 bird and 4 bogey, at a course I've never played (seymore park in Oxford, mi. First time taking wizards to the course and they were money. I missed 2 putts inside the circle, one was a funky one knee lie.

Biggest thing today for me was every drive I took, with a driver and going for distance, was over 350. Next time I play that course, I will be back, I'm really going to go for it.
Went back there today. My drives were better than before. Couple of drives within 5ft of basket. Unfortunately the wind was howling and where I did a great job with my drives I did horrible with my upshots. Ended +2.

Also, I really really hate hole 9. It needs to be redone. I don't really think a 320ish foot tunnel shot over a bush with a 90 degree right turn and guardian trees, and no place to lay up, is a good design.

Realized today that I'm throwing too many molds. Currently balancing 12 but I really need to drop at least 2.

Realized today that I'm throwing too many molds. Currently balancing 12 but I really need to drop at least 2.

First thing I did was head to the Bag Suggestions/Feedback forum to check what you're throwing, but I didn't see anything. It seems to me like a healthy disc golf bag is always in flux. I imagine if you drop 2 molds now, you might be picking them up again later. It ain't no thang. Good luck.

Personally, I've been in "mold maximalist" mode lately. I do like discs that feel reasonably similar (e.g. Buzzz w/ Drone), but it's easier to get different flights from different molds instead of looking for elusive versions of a mold you carry. I played today with 15 discs and 14 molds. My only duplicate was my putting putter, and I carried two just because I've been putting twice for practice.

Speaking of which... I had fun playing with a friend who's only played a few times. 20-25mph gusty winds, so that made putting tough. I didn't score well, but managed to get some tough birdies even with the wind, so that was a plus. It was fun watching my buddy try out different discs and get used to some. For putting, he borrowed an X-out RFF Wizard that I just got, and he putted better than me for most of the day.

Played pretty well yesterday, -1 at the updated Forrest Park here in town. Left some birdies out there but avoided the big numbers. Evidently I'm forehand dominant now, teed off with a flick on 14 of the holes. Not complaining though, I was flicking laser beams with my Truths and FDs.

Played Standing Rocks for the first time yesterday. I must say that place must be in my top 5, it's got some sort of charm about the place that I've never felt on another course before.

My favorite loop had to be the East, but somehow I shot the best on West, which has the longest holes so I was surprised.

Went to private course in Louisburg on Friday to help clean up after the storm and ahead of this weekends "Disc Roast" tournament. Played a couple of very fun rounds after clean up had some really good shots at Aces. Played well on Saturday at Wellspring and Cedar Rock in Burlington. Played a couple of mediocre rounds at Jones park yesterday. Some crazy swirling winds on the first four holes made accurate drives a challenge.

Played a round at Timmons Park with Streets on Saturday. I had 13 birdies, an ace, and a double bogey (0_o)