• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played one round yesterday. Garbage drives on most holes but excellent upshots/putting (for me at least). Just in time too, since we got 4 or so inches of snow overnight. They'll be some snow/glow rounds coming up the next couple weeks :thmbup:

I got my first glow round since 2019 in Friday night. Just 9 holes on the easy tees. Played aight. Had fun. Lotsa snow on the ground.

OK so I got out this morning. didn't shoot too well but I was happy none the less. Shot +8 but changed up my throw and added distance to it. So overall I can't complain albeit it being super cold. I can't wait to see what happens in the near future as I continue to work on my game.

Tied my personal best of -6 at Creekside in Archdale, NC, today. Also, bogie free. Was a great round where everything just came together, inclduing a couple of fortunate tree kicks. My best round in months.

Tied my personal best of -6 at Creekside in Archdale, NC, today. Also, bogie free. Was a great round where everything just came together, inclduing a couple of fortunate tree kicks. My best round in months.

Nice round! Have you played The Crossing yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out today. It was about 50 and rainy and muddy. Between grip and footing, distance wasn't very good and I just felt uncomfortable out there. I'd rock back and forth and just couldn't seem to start my approach.

And I shot one off my best ever at this course.

Nice round! Have you played The Crossing yet?

Yes. I've played it twice so far. One round from shorts and one round from longs, both times for 4 rounds total. Really fun. It's a great layout from both sets of tees.

My playing partner and I have worked it in to our normal rotation of Guilford, JSP, Creekside, Keeley, Cedarock/WS, and now The Crossing. We make the occasional trip down to Potter's Grove as well. Really fortunate to have so many quality courses so near.

^^^^^^Only once here from longs. Love it! Thinking about a set of ear plugs for part of the next round. [emoji106][emoji16]

Super stoked after today's round at Stonegate Village in Parker, CO! Took some advice from Kyle, one of the hosts of the Oh No Disc Golf Podcast (check it out if you haven't!). I didn't complete my follow through on my throws. Anyway, after playing a round at another course with Kyle a few weeks ago, I started working on my follow through. I have added an additional 30 feet to my throws. Because of this, I shot my first birdie on this course on one of the tougher holes. #7 is short but is down a channel of tight trees with a very low ceiling. Terrifying, challenging, yet weirdly fun. Best of all, I took 5 strokes off my game. I can't complain about shooting a 69 on a Par 60. So stoked to get out again soon.

After recording my scores in my DGCR Scorebook I actually bumped up a few player rankings. I am low on the rankings but I am not really playing for rankings. Have fun! that is my number 1 rule!

Last edited:
Well, two more rounds down and both on new courses. I still have lots to learn as I am changing up my throw again. But I did get my first 216' throw today!

Windy. Had some crazy bad puts where they ended up behind me. Had some good drives. Learning how to work with the wind.

Sorry to hear that dude. Just know there is a light on the other side. I smacked into that **** over a year ago and I am still here now. Good luck with it!

Thank you. I' doubt I'll ever quit playing. I also doubt I'll ever be competitive again. Too old with too many past injuries. But in pretty much every round there's at least one shot that makes me smile.

Called it a few holes early as the elbow was sore. I've been intentional about incorporating the forehand the past two weeks, and today my arm said "enough," politely but firmly. We'll give it a couple to recover and then keep building from there.

Second visit to Little Mulberry. A handful of quality Reactor placements off the tee and a fantastic forehand Deflector approach on 5 or 6, I think. Nestled. 20ft putting is seeing some incremental improvement. The most important thing was to enjoy a lovely, clear day in the woods. I'll take a handful of positives as a bonus and look forward to the next time.

Called it a few holes early as the elbow was sore. I've been intentional about incorporating the forehand the past two weeks, and today my arm said "enough," politely but firmly. We'll give it a couple to recover and then keep building from there.

Second visit to Little Mulberry. A handful of quality Reactor placements off the tee and a fantastic forehand Deflector approach on 5 or 6, I think. Nestled. 20ft putting is seeing some incremental improvement. The most important thing was to enjoy a lovely, clear day in the woods. I'll take a handful of positives as a bonus and look forward to the next time.

Love Little Mulberry![emoji106]

This was Friday. I shot my best round ever and came with one shot of beating a guy who is 1000 rated. My drives were good for the most part but I made everything in c1 and had a nice 60 footer as well. The times my drive wasn't on I got up and down every time. I didn't feel like I did anything special I just putted well and scrambled well when my drive was off the fairway.