• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played a pretty decent league round yesterday. 10 birdies, and ended up at -5. Should make a good leap in the standings. Over the past 8 weeks or so my scores have been ranging between +1 and -1. Feels good to break out of that.

I decided to celebrated a day off by playing two rounds in ~100 degree weather between 12:30 and 4 in the afternoon. Plenty of fun, but it was very warm. One course was new to me (Griffin) and I was pleasantly surprised by the challenge and the diversity of shots/tees. I'll be going back. The other was Colonial Estates, a course I played ten years ago. Good job to whoever has been working on it. Much better now than it was back then! The park has evolved, some subdivisions have gone in, but it's a decent course.

I didn't embarrass myself too badly, although my circle's edge putting wasn't great. Interestingly, the only putt that I hit from outside the circle was a forehand putt. Maybe I should explore this aspect of my game more... In addition, my Z Buzzz and Star Teebird are continuing to come out of my bag for more shots, both FH and BH. I hadn't properly appreciated either the Teebird hyzer or the Teebird flex shot until recently. Awesome disc, though no one needed me to tell them that.

White River DGC

No where near your league, but I got out for my third round since 1985 at White River today. At least a couple of the baskets were in new placements, which threw me off slightly. Only threw my Shark from outside 100'. Scored my first birdie (45'), a few pars, way too many bogeys and a couple of doubles. Finished at 66, +12. Still learning...

Had that putt (maybe 12-15' tops) for my first-ever birdie on the 401' second hole of my home course (Elk Grove Park)

Missed it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 19
50 at Elver shorts with only a Zephyr and my putter. I think I gotta find a way to keep a Zephyr in my bag.

Putted poorly for the most part, upshotted poorly but, on the plus side, consistently got 30 or so more feet off the tee due to some recent change I've made in my form. Baby steps....

Had a first of sorts tonight at league. Had a fuzzy OB or not situation so I took a provisional. Played my IB lie first and proceded to worm burn my approach, have the second approach roll away (pin was on a mound), then miss my comeback putt. Took a 5. My OB lie I put about 20' out, then sank my putt for a 4.

As luck would have it, our league director who was on another card ended up in the exact same spot. And yes, we were in bounds so the 5 stood. :(

Played Walnut Hill DGC for the first time ever. It's... interesting; an abandoned ball golf course that has been turned into a disc golf course. There is absolutely no signage except for hole maps that are nicely built into the teepads. The course is in a really crappy area but it seemed pretty decent for what it is. There are lots of nice trees everywhere. It is LONG. Most of the holes are 350-400'+ from both teepads.

I can't throw very far since my car crash last year so I kept telling my brother I wanted to play the shorts but he is a try-hard and always plays on expert difficulty. My drives were not good. I am still learning how to throw again. I was missing putts all over the place but I had some decent upshots. Eventually started making a few putts. There was goose poop everywhere.

Couldn't figure the layout of the course so we inadvertently skipped a few holes. No matter, it was a good hike and a relaxing afternoon. It's just too bad that the whole place was abandoned, there is a disused pool and a bunch of tennis courts with no nets.

I was just planning on going to my local course and do some cleaning up trash for National Disc Golf Day. As I was gearing up a guy walked up and asked if he could join me for a round. He said that he was a new player with less than a half dozen rounds. He wanted me to look at his discs and asked if he was throwing the right ones. Since this is usually a par three course, he had mostly high speed discs and a putter. I dug around in my bags and pulled out a Leopard and a Valley, both in the mid 160's. I showed him the proper grip and off we went. I really surprised myself and threw my best round ever, -9.
The course only had two empty bottles and was in real good shape. After the round, I did field work for close to two hours.
It was a good day.

Played doubles and got paired up with a guy who had never played before. Felt good teaching him a lot, but I left some shots out there because of it, and other than one shot we just used all of mine.

Putted pretty well for me and to shoot par on new and fairly hard course that I've never played and played blind is okay.

Oof. 11 over (might have even been 12), but at a tough course in long positions. On the bright side, my only birdie was on the last hole, after draining a 40 footer.

Won a Gold Medal in disc golf at Senior Olympics yesterday. First time I have ever played in any competition. Shot a -2 for the win.:thmbup:

-3 at Village Greens this mornin. Gonna go back out and play a round with my roommates in a little bit at the same course. Hoping to improve my score. My buddy shot -8 last time we played there tho so I'm not sure I can beat him...

54 at AJ Jolly.. missed a couple easy putts. Inching closer to a distance goal of making it to the basket on hole 16 (a little downhill) that is marked 465ft. So far about 35ft short and need to work on my weight shift to make it there..

Played like crap today but I hit an ace on #21 at Järva Discgolfpark so that kinda made my day. :D
+29 over 27 holes on the blue setting. :)

Got done with morning court early so changed out of the monkey suit and snuck in eighteen with plenty of time to spare before court in the afternoon.
Five over at Micke Grove - six bogies, one bird (45' putt)

Took some time off from disc golf to let my ribs heal. Played 3 rounds Sunday. First round drives where all over the place but putting was on. Second Round was hot till I let one hole get to my head. Third round was getting tired and wanted to get home. All and all my drives where just a little off but nothing that cant be accounted for little rust on the game.

Splashed chains on a 240' wooded left to right dogleg hole yesterday, dropped next to the basket. Once again, not a soul around, coulda been playin naked, painted up in Seahawks colors, junk swinging in the summer breeze. But I wasn't.

Latest posts