• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played Blue Ribbon Pines, then VisionQuest both for the first time yesterday. LOVED both courses. BRP was quite a challenge, and sunk my Prodigy F5 AND my new dx Roc (not used to playing so many water holes), so was kinda frustrated with myself, and didn't score well at all. Nonetheless, I appreciated the challenge and the place is beautiful and awesome, definitely deserves all the good reviews. Was a bit thrown off cause they combined holes and the hole layout seemed different from what I researched (hole 4, the 444' par 4 is now hole 2), but still had a blast. Score was miserable, but that often happens to me on my first round on a new course, especially when I know I only have time to play once for a long period of time, and I want to savor the experience, and it ends up getting to my head. Was a bit bummed that the pro shop was closed when I left, and I couldn't re-up on my lost discs.

Thankfully, VisionQuest was still open, so I got there in time to play, and their pro shop was open, so I was able to get another F5, and although they had no dx Rocs, I picked up a G* Roc3. And MAN, I had a blast. I was able to score .5 over par for the middle tees (I honestly don't mind the 3.5 par ratings). Regardless of all the people saying how "gimmicky" the course is, I definitely feel this place deserves the current review rating it has. The only hole that felt minorly gimmicky was the astro turf island hole. But I'll save all the rest of the details on my thoughts for actual reviews. Both places were EXCEPTIONAL disc golf, and definitely are shining stars in the giant bowl of disc golf courses we have to choose from in the nation.

So needless to say, I had an awesome day!

Played a 3 round tournament and averaged a rating of 921 per round. Hopefully this trend continues.

Only got 12 holes in last night due to darkness but was on track for a personal best at that course. 9 pars and 3 bogies through 12. Worked out a technique issue that had been hurting me and had my best outing off the tee ever. Hit the basket from 130ish out, didn't stay in but my longest basket hit ever, left me a tap-in par.

Got in 45 baskets with the wife today. Had good scores myself, and she really stepped up her game today.

Finished even at Almon Park, and the wife was 15 up, both of us had two ace runs each, no basket hits but I was shocked that we didn't even hit metal with the way they were flying. Was great to wonder whether she would get one.

Got to Sugar Camp, was nice to get there and throw some practice rounds as I have a dubs tournament in a little over a week. I ended up -3 for 18 holes, and my wife got her best score ever with a +5, so proud of her. I left two putts out there that should have been made, a little frustrating but I can clean those up. Snuck in nine more before it was pitch black, and I birdied four out of the nine for a -4. Feeling good about this tourney, and happy for my woman's progression :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Won my flight at league. Didn't hear a damned thing about Bradley Williams or any of the ensuing drama that followed.

I made a day of it today. I decided to bag discs that I do not throw enough. Today's bag consisted of a Photon Glo Challenger, 400 PA-1, Champion Super Stingray, VIP Stag, Z Avenger SS, Opto Scythe, CryZtal Nuke SS, and SP Torrent. Started out with a coupla rounds at my home course, Central Park. Shot 25 both rounds, which is worse than average for me. From there, I went to Lakewood Hills. Shot a 52. I then went to Acorn DGC. Shot a 49. I capped the day off with a cooldown round at Hansen using just a Prodigy 400 PA-1. Shot a 36. My play today was solid, but overall, underwhelming. Maybe it had something to do with my disc choices, but I doubt that, as I have thrown them all before.

Well I played my first solo tournament yesterday. I entered as intermediate. I killed it the first round on the red tees, I worked a roc around every tree there was. Finished the first round even. Second round was the long tees and it beat me down bad. Between crazy elevation and extremely tight fairways I shot quite badly the first few holes, and just regular bad the rest of it.

Had a great time though.

Got in 45 baskets with the wife today. Had good scores myself, and she really stepped up her game today.

Finished even at Almon Park, and the wife was 15 up, both of us had two ace runs each, no basket hits but I was shocked that we didn't even hit metal with the way they were flying. Was great to wonder whether she would get one.

Got to Sugar Camp, was nice to get there and throw some practice rounds as I have a dubs tournament in a little over a week. I ended up -3 for 18 holes, and my wife got her best score ever with a +5, so proud of her. I left two putts out there that should have been made, a little frustrating but I can clean those up. Snuck in nine more before it was pitch black, and I birdied four out of the nine for a -4. Feeling good about this tourney, and happy for my woman's progression :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I work at a summer camp in Eagle River and play Sugar Camp 2-3 times a week while I'm there (June through mid July). We usually play 2 or 3 rounds each time. It's a fun short course for someone like me that can't throw very far!

I played a great round at Brown Deer this morning. I finished -8 after 18 holes. I even aced hole 8 with an Aviar. I was happy I got a 3 on both 600'+ holes. I'm just a little upset at myself that I left my Champion Gator on hole 17. I didn't realize it til I got home. Thank god I have backups, but none of them are as flat as the one I forgot at the course.

Shot +1 at Sandy Point from the short tees, which is a personal best. My pantented "back thriteen breakedown" didn't last as long, and I got things back on track quicker.

Got in 18 at Brandy Lake afterwards and shot my average -4.

I played a great round at Brown Deer this morning. I finished -8 after 18 holes. I even aced hole 8 with an Aviar. I was happy I got a 3 on both 600'+ holes. I'm just a little upset at myself that I left my Champion Gator on hole 17. I didn't realize it til I got home. Thank god I have backups, but none of them are as flat as the one I forgot at the course.

Congrats on the Ace! A shame about the Gator.

Couldn't get things to shape up that great all together. Ended up E and +1 at the Z this morning.

Had some great moments; hit the top of the basket on a 300' drive and of course tapped in the bird, and nailed a nice 45 footer at the end of my first round, but stupid mistakes got the best of me for the majority of play today.

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!

Due to injuries I've been out of the game for quite a while. Then when I started having bouts of arthritis in my hips and throwing shoulder I was wondering IF I'd get back to playing. Yesterday I threw 10 holes and even parred a couple. (Short ones.) If I'd putted better I could have had a couple of birds. I even got my driver to hold it's line a couple of times. And that 100' approach for a drop in bird was sweet. By the time I was done I was hurting pretty good. But at least I'M BACK.

Amelia, 9 holes, 22
Woodland Mound, 18 holes, 4 rounds of 44, 45, 49, 48
Mt. Airy, 20 holes, 4 rounds of 69, 66, 66, 66

161 holes, 475 strokes

I came home with a tired arm... because I spent an hour throwing a softball up one of the tall pines on 17 of Mt. Airy in an attempt to dislodge the Teebird I had just bought a few hours earlier.

Didn't get it.

Pretty average. Played 18 at White River on the new winter setup, was rushed by the group behind (who let me play through while they battled their fricking pokey-mons on the 7th tee, then throw up on me for most of the remaining round), and broke in a new Amp I bought on the way to the course. Didn't miss many trees and still have plenty of work to do to learn the Amp, but I like it already. :clap:

Amelia, 9 holes, 22
Woodland Mound, 18 holes, 4 rounds of 44, 45, 49, 48
Mt. Airy, 20 holes, 4 rounds of 69, 66, 66, 66

161 holes, 475 strokes

I came home with a tired arm... because I spent an hour throwing a softball up one of the tall pines on 17 of Mt. Airy in an attempt to dislodge the Teebird I had just bought a few hours earlier.

Didn't get it.

That's my preferred method of dislodging treetrapped discs :)