• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played great at my9 hole course tight next to my house. Had a big anhyzer shot around a big oak bout 200 feet. Parked it and made birdie.

Got through 7 holes 5 down before the bottom fell out. By the time I got back to the Jeep the course was started to flood pretty nicely. I gotta remember how to put the rainfly on my Grip bag.

Shot my personal best at Wills Park this morning... a 43 on the par 55 layout. The front 9 was ok with 5 birdies and one bogey, but I lit up the back nine with 8 birdies in a row to finish out the round. I think that may have been my longest birdie streak ever. I thought it was going to end on hole 18 when my drive turned over a bit too much and I ended up about 55 ft from the basket. But I ran it with my Nova and really surprised myself when I sank it.

So lost a thunderbird yesterday. Got a new one to replace it. Shot +4 on an easy 9 hole. Went to an 18 and got my new thunderbird wedged in the top of a tree. Still up there. Not my day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really tested my putting game today. I wasn't sharp off the tee and approaches were even worse. Left myself a lot of circle edge putts. Made most of them... Ended up 1 down. 4 birds and 3 bogeys...

Gotta practice my upshots and get some rythm tomorrow...

Cashed for the first time ever in a tournament yesterday, took 5th out of 14 in advanced at the Tailings in Iron River MI. Couldn't be happier about it. Got to play on the lead card for the first time in my life for the second round too.

Kept cool under pressure, made most of my putts, took some bogeys but pushed through em, finished the first round with four birdies in a row. Also was able to keep my discs in control in 30 mph+ winds, which played a big factor, and had no lost discs. Great great time.

Just bought a newish car with killer gas mileage and decided to take it on a day trip. Scattered thunderstorms and rain forecasted in every direction for 4 hours were enough to dampen my spirits today. I found the least weather spot 2 hours away and bagged 3 courses. Discing was soggy, as expected, but they weren't too tough of courses to play. The only negative was that 2/3 smelled like rusty farts. Do better Panama City.

Work took me into the next county, near a course I had never played before, so I decided to get 9 holes in before sunset. Used a Teebird, Rocs, Aviar3, and Classic Aviar from the bag in the trunk of my car. Ended up with 1 birdie and 8 pars, with reasonable (35-40 foot) birdie looks on 4 of the par holes. Even par rounds at my home course are my best so far, so any time I am under par I am pretty happy with the round.

I was able to play two courses near Branson, MO: 1) Treehouz at the Branson Cedars Resort, and 2) Branson Trails. Both awesome courses, though the Branson Trails Blue course is the only course I've played (so far) that I felt deserves a 5.

Being based in Oklahoma City these days, I don't get much chance to play with elevation. This was a welcome change, and I was proud of a couple downhill shots, including a 2 on hole 2 at Treehouz (beautiful downhill Surge followed by a Zone throw-in). I left a lot of strokes out there at the Cedars course, but it was a decent warm up for the Branson Trails course. By the way: this one is amazing and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the Branson area. I've never seen this combination of elevation and woods, so I enjoyed testing my skills against those sloped tunnel shots. Very few hyzer opportunities out there... Undertaker, Leopard, Buzzz, Comet, and Polecat made up most of my shots today. What a blast.

Played Creekside in Salt Lake City for the first time. Played well for a new course, and really enjoyed it. Didn't throw any discs in the creek (man, that has fast moving water!), though I had a scare with my Z Comet on a throw that I must have rolled my wrist on a little, 'cause it went to the right just a bit, but it got stopped by a tree or bush a few feet from the water. Played better than I read the bus schedule, though--I missed the last bus and had to use Lyft for a ride back to my hotel. :-/

Started out playing a solo round, picked up a partner along the way--an Indian guy who's a recovering coke addict, who also has a rural Ohio accent. Found a mechanical problem in my drive & instantly gained 15 feet of distance. Gotta say that's a good round.

Shot a PB -5 with two bogeys tonight in leagues. Third league round ever and I'm 2/3 in the money but can't seem to get that ctp playoff for the bigger payout. Last week it was for for 1st, this week for 2nd. Thought for sure I'd be 1st or at least t-1 for intermediate but no dice.

Was doing well until the skies dumped buckets on me. Walked off the round after it wouldn't let up.

Was doing well though. Threw -3 on holes 1-3 at oakwood. Parked 1 with my bite, 2 with my aviar and 3 with my ghost. then blasted a drive for a look at 2 on hole 4. Then....rain. Helped some guys look for their disc in the woods on the left side while trying to keep dry.

And not super recent, but last week i canned a deuce on hole 16 at c.p. adams. Threw my pd2 almost to the top of the hill and then threw the superhero in from about 150 out. Felt awesome. Now that I'm back in a more physical job i can really feel the old solid grip returning and my movements are more powerful.

Anyway, that deuce made me happier than an ace.

I might have to get back into leagues again and maybe a c tier or two.

God awful round. Everything was either leaving my hand too early or grip locking. My putting was crap too.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Played Addison Oaks, my favorite course. Had an interesting round where overall I played great but had a few holes just chew me up (as will happen at Addy). Scored a +9 (81) that included a 6 and two 5s. Also birdied 17 for the first time ever with an absolutely parked lefty sky anny, parred 6 (a 3 feels like a birdie on that hole), and hit two putts in the ~50 foot range.

Coolest poor round ever!

Eric Oakley turned up to our local league night tonight at Belmont Park, and I actually out-drove him on hole #9. Granted, I didn't see his shot and it probably hit a tree, but mine went 350', which was my goal when I started this thread. I even had a (intentional) turnover drive go 370-380' (albeit on a slight downhill). That's a huge improvement over the 240' or so I started with. Awesome round.

Did ok on a late morning round and figured out a way to track my scoring while increasing my putting practice on the course and put a bit of pressure on me to make putts even when playing solo casual.

In the app I count my throws (drives and/or approaches) then I count all my putts with three putters counting as 1/3 a stroke each until all of them are in the basket. So hole #1 I threw the drive, ended up short, parked the approach and then sank all 3 putters. on the score sheet it is a 2 with 3 putts. Hole #2 I had a decent drive, sank the first putt but missed the next two, then put in both comebackers on the miss, so the score card says 1 and 5 putts.
At the end of the round take the number of putts divide by 3 and add it to my score to give me my final score. 3 birdies, a bogey and a double bogey plus one extra putt put me at +1/3.
Not bad, I would have had 5 birdies if I only counted the first putt and not sure about the bogey and double bogey if they would have saved par because I don't remember which putt got away, but it really helped in two ways that I was more willing to run a long putt or go for the death putts, but also put on some good pressure when I sank the first two from 12' and needed that third for the birdie to count.

DIS-A-POINTING. Shot +3 from the longs at Mt. Zion. Was tired and figured I'll give 'er hell from the shorts for another 9. Well disappointing again, only shot -1. Had one stupid strong side chains spit through, and one center chain, hyzer putt spit out, both of which would've been birdies.