• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played 6 strokes worse than my average at our local C-tier, only two of which can be attributed to temporary OB added to the course. Then I sprayed drives all over the temp course that will be used for the B-tier that starts tomorrow. Got to see JohnE McCray, Lewis Bitney, Cam Todd, and Drew Gibson though.

I've gotten out very little lately and my scores ha e suffered because of it. So today I just tried to play mistake free, and nearly did. Had less shots for birdie, but o my one boggie. Good round overall. Three solid ace runs, one a little long, one a little short, and one off the darn basket. With a fourth that had a very lucky skip just skipping a little short. Three with my new CCDG soft envy. Never had a soft envy before, but pretty sure I will forever now.

Wife and I were playing our course this evening, something we rarely do without company. I aced the 240', island green, hole 3 on the front 9. Our course plays 9 holes twice with 5 alternate pins and 4 tees on the back 9. For the back 9 on hole 3 the pin moves back and 50' left forcing a hyzer to a smaller section of the island. I have the box and skip my drive up into the bottom of the basket. My wife follows the line and skipped into the chains but unfortunately didn't stick. This is a pin position that has only been birdied 15 of the 64 times it has been played this year (not counting doubles).
Nice to get my 3rd ace of the year and my 2nd ever at my own course.

After feeling like I'd been plateauing, I shot course par for the first time ever. That's also the first time I've broken 60. Plus I figured out I've been strong-arming, and gained 25' of driving distance. I also figured out how to make my <200' upshots closer. Not a bad day at all.

I'd say the plateau is over! Shot even par (57) on the 19-hole course at Belmont Park with no mulligans, which is a 912 according to DCGR's ratings. Got 6 birdies, including getting the 468' 16th hole (threw it in from ~130'). I'd never done better than a 65 there before, and that was with mulligans. It feels like it's all starting to come together.

Went to play Wondervu in Golden, CO for the first time today. It was my first time back in a wooded course in like two months and I was a little rusty. After going +7 after the first round of 11 my shoulder finally started giving out after a long week of playing, and I ended up going +12 on the second round. Humbling, but also a little embarrassing as I was playing w/ 4 guys I'd never met, 3 of whom were definitely more up on their game than me. Oh well!

Threw my worst round in a couple of months at our club monthly today and though it was a terrible round, I have seen it coming. Have just been off lately. Though a lot of it is me for sure, I am also aware of how complicated I have let my bag get. Going to go back to a handful of molds, nice and slow (nothing in the distance driver category) and try to get back on track.

On the plus side, it was terrible round, but at least I was out playing disc golf.

I have continued down my slippery slope and rating drop last weekend. Life has had be busy and I developed a major hitch in my putt before Kiss The Sky. I significantly struggled from 10-20' but made most my 20-30'ers... I had my worst finish in any division at any point in my "career". This was one of the most fun events I have played and I threw some seriously epic shots as well.

The good news I was motivated to MAKE the time to get some practice in and quickly figured out what was wrong with my putt (aside from confidence and practice). I hope to play a clean round tomorrow (first round since the tourney) at a casual league. Maybe remind myself that I do still belong in open (despite my rating/play dropping back to an am level, and not having cashed in over a year...)

I played extremely well today.

Went to Wilderness in Montello, WI for the first time yesterday. Played 2 rounds of short to short and was 47 both rounds. I really wanted to play long to long though so I went back again today.

First round went well. I was playing ok, few nice putts, few dumb misses and bad drives but overall ok. Shot a 70.

Second round was one of those 2 or 3 a year where I just felt like everything was super easy. I was crushing a new champ Mamba through the woods the whole round. Barely had to putt because my upshots were all parked. I shot what I am being told is the current course record of 60. Or tied with the record, Im not on FB so I dont know these things.

Pic of my card attached. All i had was the course map and a sharpie.

I gained a stroke or more on my first round every hole from 8-13.

Attachments

• 20170723_133043.jpg
    20170723_133043.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 17
I shot a 46 (-8 [-9 according to tee signs]) today at Schenley Park. Was STICKIN' PUTTS! Only missed one inside the circle.

Last edited:
54 holes of duece or die yesterday. First round I was playing well, but I was tenative, trying to make damn sure I didnt take any 4s. It worked as I only took 1 (on a complete throw and pray hole), but I couldnt buy a 2. Had 12 pars in a row and ended -4.

Second round I tried to be agressive and remind myself that every hole is an easy 2. It worked as I hit 14 dueces, again with only one 4.

Broke par for the first time ever. Shot a 52 at Moraine Rotary DGC, which would be -18 according to their absurd course par. More like a -2 compared to what par should be there, but that's still my lowest score anywhere. Unfortunately it cost me my flippy Fission Tesla :(

Saturday's round was a struggle. Played a fairly open and hilly course and couldn't find a birdie until hole 14. Shot 58 on a course where I average 50-54.

Today was better all around. Played a tight wooded course and was usually online and making some putts.

Had a bogey-free -8 round in a tournament Saturday. 1003 rated. Can't say I really know what that means though. Just happy my best round on that course ever came in a tournament, and right after a terrible rain soaked first round.

Played Shady Oaks Park in Sacramento/Orangevale yesterday for the first (and only?) time yesterday. Did okay, for me, for first time on a course (par x 12), except: a couple of double bogies on 5 & 6; I struggled with my FH, not getting a clean release several times, and yanking my drives to the left; I ran out of gas the last 6 holes (I shouldn't have skipped lunch), bogeying 4x. I'll be in Sac this week for a CE class, and plan to play a couple more courses. Probably 9 holers, since that is what most of the courses in the central area where I'll be are, with the 18 hole course in the suburbs. Plus there's another heat wave this week. :-/

Shot a 72 (-5, counting 6 and 15 as a par 4) at Sandy Point on Saturday, beating my best round till then by 10 strokes. Left very happy after that round. Played Sugar Camp yesterday and ended up at 52 (-2), should've been better for an easier course like that, but oh well I was under par. Fun day at a fun course as well. Great weekend.

Played terrible today and the course was so crowded with groups of 6 or eight people, people with 4 little kids, people pushing baby strollers, etc. that it was zero fun. We went home early. There's a reason we normally go early in the morning.

I played badly on Saturday. Early releases on my drives, got in the trees, generally uncoordinated on throws over 200'. I was trying to really crank it and couldn't get that idea out of my head.

On the bright side I had some loooong putts for birdie saves on lots of holes. Didn't cancel out the streak of double bogies I had though.

Played a crappy nine hole recently. Still enjoyed it because it was one I hadn't played before. Like many people on here, I'll play any course once. Thought I might have a chance of tying or breaking my record for nine holes of -7, but I landed just outside of my putting range on a couple 300'+ holes. Still played decent at -5. Oh well, one more course to check off the list.