• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Had my longest ever throw, 480' on hole 5 at Belmont. Unfortunately the left-to-right crosswind left me too long a birdie putt to realistically make. Putting was garbage, costing me at least 13 strokes total.

Booo! Went to a private ski hill course near Minneapolis today far from home. Last minute bonus work to transport some stuff. Put my $6 in fee box. Walked to first tee. Sandwich board sign on the box saying course is closed. No mention at the 'fee box'. Apparently a large wedding party had a large chunk of it and the lift reserved.

Meh. Found another course for my fun. Even more tight technical and low canopy then the warning reviews led me to believe. 2/3rds of the holes required scouting and assessment of treacherous vegetation, water, and elevation changes. Low fun factor solo. Would like to crack at it with a crew and play skins or wolf.

Tied my personal best of -2 under par today and shot a +1 in my second round. My friend almost got his second ace today, banged it off the cage from 240-ish. It was a good day.

I played extremely well today.

Went to Wilderness in Montello, WI for the first time yesterday. Played 2 rounds of short to short and was 47 both rounds. I really wanted to play long to long though so I went back again today.

First round went well. I was playing ok, few nice putts, few dumb misses and bad drives but overall ok. Shot a 70.

Second round was one of those 2 or 3 a year where I just felt like everything was super easy. I was crushing a new champ Mamba through the woods the whole round. Barely had to putt because my upshots were all parked. I shot what I am being told is the current course record of 60. Or tied with the record, Im not on FB so I dont know these things.

Pic of my card attached. All i had was the course map and a sharpie.

I gained a stroke or more on my first round every hole from 8-13.

Played this course today....it was worth the trip (Patrick seems to find great terrain for courses), but I played S-L then L-S since everyone else is doing S-S or L-L.

I like what they did around the tee boxes with the recycled asphalt, should keep the sand (very sandy terrain) off the pads....but it could use a little more packing down ( I think water will puddle on the tee) around some of the tees.

Not so good on the score, but had several tee shots that were best ever on that hole, or close to it. Plus, some instructive throws with an EchoStar Archon that I pulled out of storage...seems that FH I'm okay with something higher speed than an 11, even if BH I'm far from it. Back to the negative, I left a Champ Valkyrie up in a tree, too wedged in and guarded by other branches to get down with rocks and a baseball.

Turns out I'm starting to get old, because apparently I can't play two days in a row anymore. I must have lost 30% of the power off my drive today. Discs weren't turning like normal, and I didn't have my usual distance to count on. Plus my back muscles feel achy. Time to take a few days off.

Shot a 66 (E) @ Deer Lakes (whites)
4 birdies, 2 bogies, 1 double
DGCR 920 rated

…a few stray drives away from a really good round. (for me) A few Firebird OH & a few Firebird FH shots were very clutch.

…aaaand I was STICKIN' PUTTS!

Played my 4th out of home state course today, Black Butte Lake in N Cali. Just me and the critters and hill after hill of tall dry grass waving in the wind. Felt like I was in heaven.

I've been playing awful lately! Last night I think was the 5th week in a row I didn't meet my projected score at flex league. I've changed my putting style so can't expect too much honestly. Just have to keep believing I can make the shot and keep trying to make the best shot I can.

Went to my friends safari "practice facility" (big farm with about 15 home made baskets peppered throughout) and threw for a while yesterday. Field practice has started to pay off. I'm pushing mids out to 300', putters pretty close to that on higher lines, and drivers about 325'. Forehands are getting out around 380' with good accuracy, though I can break 400' if I care less about where it lands.

For yesterday's safari layout I shot well. Putts were on to about 40', drives were accurate enough to have a look, and I'm getting better at uphill shots. Had one great 280' shot on about 30' of rise to the pin from the tee, skipped an eagle right off the top of the ridge to within 10 of the pin, and the best part was it was exactly what I meant to do.

Trying to get ready for a c-tier in September. I'd like to not be dead last, and feel pretty good about achieving that. It will be my second solo tournament ever.

Worst round in a long time yesterday playing dubs with friends. I went right after work and it had been a stressful day at the office. That translated to low focus and a sh*tty attitude which in turn resulted in bad drives, bad putts, and a worse mood. Least fun I've had playing disc in a while and the worst was knowing I was bringing down everyone else. Should have quit the round, really, but I wouldn't have lived it down.

Nearly had a perfect game went 12 for 12 until the par on 13 snapped my bogey streak. Still I went 16/18. Lost a disc on 9 found a disc on 17 overall an okay day.

I am starting to be more happy with my game. I am focusing altogether on my driving form, not on distance or score. I figure that the more consistent that I become with proper form, the increased distance and lower scores will come. Some say that I shouldn't even keep score for a while, but keeping score is how I track my exercise and activity level. I am using my Latitude 64 Gold Line 168g River exclusively for all off the teepad and fairway driving except forehand when needed. I am using a Latitude 64 Opto 152g Diamond for forehand shots.

I was getting pretty frustrated for awhile. I was focusing too much on distance and was spraying my drives all over the fairway.:doh:

They setup a bag tag league at work, and tonight was the first meet up. I finished tied for first place; the tags haven't been ordered yet, so I'm not sure who will get the #1 tag. It should definitely be me though.

I played bad last night. Took a double bogey on the one hard hole on the course, and it got in my head. Also, hit the cage on at least 5 birdie putts. Had a couple bad upshots which led to stupid uncharacteristic bogeys. Drives where ok, but left myself too many circle putts.

I think I need a few days off to regroup.

Played Wills Park this morning which is my home course and a course I expect to score well on. It's fairly wooded, but not too punishing. I had a decent round this morning: I birdied the first 5 holes in row(!) and finished bogey free with a... -7. :\

Got to take the kids out for a round today. Was super excited to teach my little guy some basics. Sadly I played pretty bad though. Felt good to have the little guy cheering me on. Too young to quite get it. "Nice chain out dad!" Was the theme of the round lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot +3 at Cedarock from the long tees today. My best score ever there from those tees. Solid on everything today, just not spectacular on anything. I've been trying to play more within myself lately, not trying heroic stuff or trying to get crazy distance off the tee; very workmanlike.