• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

1, 8, 9, 11, and 18 are my kryptonites. Those all have water. But this time, I surprisingly cleared the water on 1 & 18. On 8, I shanked the shot and hit the 3 Palms sign on the corner. 9, I had a great throw, too bad it was right over the water. 11, I hit a tree branch over the water. So not too bad as this time I only found water on two holes.

The triple mando was up prior to the Memorial so people could get in practice. They actually put the mandos in place in January for the Shelly Sharpe Tournament. Then they get feedback on the course and make some tweaks before the Memorial. But the mandos stay up from early January to mid/late March.

I don't monkey with bringing the trees into play on 11. I just put a thumber up over them.

I wish I could throw a thumber or tomahawk. With my 62 year old body, the closest I can get is a grenade. I may have to give that a try next time; thanks for the suggestion/idea.

I wish I could throw a thumber or tomahawk. With my 62 year old body, the closest I can get is a grenade. I may have to give that a try next time; thanks for the suggestion/idea.

50+ years old myself so I don't have very many thumbers left in me I suppose. Heck, even now I might have two of them in me for any given round so I have to be selective about when I throw them.

Checking out a new to me course today. Keeping a good pace trying to beat the rain, get to hole 15 and there is a group of 9 in front of me. They did NOT offer to let me play through. All 9 of them hit the first available tree. So I took a trail that I hoped would take me to 16 and I ended up at 18. It started pouring as I was putting 18.

So that was a win of sorts...

Bagged 5 courses (3 9's, a 10, and a 18 hole) after a 8 hour graveyard shift yesturday. I think I might've been half asleep when I finally made it to the main course I wanted to play so honestly I have no idea how I played because it felt like that entire day was a dream.

The lesson I learned is that I probably should take a few hour nap after working 3rd shift instead of going right to playing disc golf.

My son and I got out and played our first round a couple of evenings ago. Felt great! Had that feeling when I was walking up the fairways of the last few holes and felt sad the round was ending soon. 34th season on baskets!

First time out throwing discs in almost 4 months. Took only a few discs to see how bad my form was. And it was. Bad that is. :D Tho not as bad as I feared as I only started DG in last August, so I really only have 4 months of experience in this sport and as I'm over 50 and have ADHD I can tell you it hasn't been easy to learn...especially as the guy who introduced me to the sport, taught me all the wrong things, like reach back and pulling.
Took me about 2 1/2 months to teach myself a better form. Just as the season came to an end here in Finland, I managed to find a somewhat decent form. Got the the max distance to 94m (308ft) and consistently to round 85m (280ft).
Ok, back to today... :D My furthest distance today was about 70m (230ft) so not too bad really as that was the max distance I managed before learning the right way to throw. The field was covered in wet snow so I didn't rip that hard. Just about 60-70% maybe as I didn't want to injure myself or learning bad form from throwing on a slippery surface. Still can't throw forehand consistently. And I'm down to an arm speed of 7 now in discs. And it still was the same that the harder you try the more you fail... :) Hopefully the spring comes fast and I'll be able to get out on the field and courses and train some more soon.
Have fun everyone!

I ran a 2-round C-tier tournament today, full field of 90 minus a no-show. Three players hit aces, and not one of them had paid into the ace pot.

I played my first tournament in more than 3 years today. My play was unremarkable, but I really enjoyed both foursomes.

This was my first time using the PDGA scoring app and I really liked it. I found it very easy to understand. It was so nice to know where you stood at the end of the day only minutes after finishing. A great improvement for the players and the TDs.

I played in a NADGT on Saturday. First round was awesome - I shot +12, which was my best at that course. But then I tried to duplicate that for the second round and shot +21. Second round really disappointed me until I thought back to what I did.

I went home between rounds and switched shirts. I changed from a NADGT shirt to my 'Voted Most Likely to Hit a Tree' shirt...thought it would be funny. But then I ended up in a tree almost every hole. So I'm blaming it on the shirt.

Seriously though, I tried too hard on the second round. My first round was amazing and I tried to duplicate/better it. But the reason I did so well the first round was that I didn't try. I just did.

((Naw....still going to blame it on the shirt :) ))

Played 36 holes yesterday at a short local course.

It's actually pretty fun and tests your fundamentals and upshot/approach skills.

Ended up winning by one stroke in a $5 bet with friends.

Which offset the case of beer I brought with for everyone.

Went out and played my first league play of 2022. Didn't throw great but had a super fun time. League play definitely showed me that I need to work on my putting. Shot +10 on a new course effectively playing blind. I love disc golf!

Took my son to Meyer Broadway again and this time played the south shorts. He led me by 2 for much of the round, and then I started hitting C2 putts like I do. Wound up with a 49, good enough for 1st place (momentarily) on the UDisc leaderboard for all of 2022 so far. It's about a 950 rated round. My 12-year-old shot about a 910 rated round. Another good day to be alive!

Had to work on a 70 degree day today and my 2 days off are tomorrow and the day after that and it's suppose to rain both days.

That's life I suppose. There's still an hour of sunlight left so maybe I'll get a quick round at my local 9er and report back here.

Had to work on a 70 degree day today and my 2 days off are tomorrow and the day after that and it's suppose to rain both days.

That's life I suppose. There's still an hour of sunlight left so maybe I'll get a quick round at my local 9er and report back here.

Life is timing.

Went for a second round of the year yesterday. The snow has melted over the last few days and it's mud season. Got to the course and could only play the first 6 holes due to mini lakes surrounding the other baskets, but hey, we were out on the course, it wasn't cold and we were thankful to be throwing discs.

Latest posts