• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So I was using this guided meditation to go to sleep . . .

ArmandDillo

And the lady in the headphones is all like,

"Imagine you're laying in a field of grass, with woods off to one side, and hills on the other. The sun is warming your skin, and you're totally relaxed . . "

My mind instantly conjured up a very vivid memory of me playing white oak park. Stupid hypnotism lady gave me the intense desire to play disc golf, lol.

i want jambi from pee wee's playhouse to hypnotize me

I read that meditation is a good practice if you play a lot of tournament rounds. Helps you keep your mind focused on the task at hand and keeps you from getting distracted or angry at bad shots/missed putts. I've thought about giving it a shot.

just repeat the mantra:

... OM MANI PADME CHING ...

(works pretty good for getting the timing down on the x-step, too :D )

I had a weird art teacher that had us close our eyes and he said something very similar to that, kinda cool, didn't help with my drawing skills though...

haha, I'm pretty sure instead of making me relax, I would instead feel the pressure of a putt outside of 30'. Great course, by the way!

My cousin has been heavy into motocross since he was very young. Apparently there are hypnotists that travel the circuit and render their services to whoever wants it. My super rich uncle would pay to have my cousin hypnotised before each race and it would make him totally fearless during the race. You should see all the trophies that dude has. I've often wondered if the same thing would work for a tourney because it's fear that usually gets you.

Latest posts