• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] So Mad!!!!

I've lost three in one day once...day before my wedding. I don't keep track of how many I've lost probably in the 15-20. Since my game has improved recently I've found I've lost a lot less...harder to lose discs when you wind up in the fairway instead of the brush

^^this as well. I've stopped throwing OOP stuff completely. There are so many discs out there you can always find something that does what an OOP will do. The worst pain is sentimental though or getting a disc beat into that perfect spot then losing it and buying a replacement that doesn't fly the same...

Losing discs doesn't usually bother me too much outside of the money lost. Losing my one and only ace disc was tough though.

It doesn't bother me like it used to. I lost my Prodigy D4 today. That sucked. What tics me off most it a lot of discs are hard to find in the lower weights that I like so sometimes it takes some looking to find a replacement.

I have a dyed Star TeeBird that I would absolutely cry out loud and spend every ounce of energy looking for. It is the only disc that I own that I would do this for, and because of that it rarely sees action any more. It is so deadly accurate but it only takes one tree hit and gust of wind to kill a shot.

There have been others that I have held very dear to my heart, but as it has been already pointed out on here, time heals and eventually I move on and create new favorites.

In the last week I lost a Glow Champion Roadrunner that I had someone on here dye for me. I absolutely loved this dye and jumped into the water after it. I know the general area that it sank, but I spent nearly 20 minutes in water that was barely above freezing. I had to give up when my toes were so numb that I could have stepped on the disc and not known it. All week I have been contemplating whether to buy expensive waders or not just so that I can spend more time in that water searching. It is at a park that likely sees no more than a dozen people a day this time of year, and considering the water is chest deep where it likely sank, chances are my disc will be there for some time to come.

Yet I am willing to commission any dyers on here to recreate that dye on another disc. I am perfectly willing to move on from this loss if I can get a new one that will become my new favorite disc to throw.

I get worried once i lose a disc these days... i usually dont lose them, but the past couple times have been in groups.. 4 in one week and 3 another week. Then I'll just play for months on end without losing any..

Replacement cost is why I mostly throw DX now. Even if Champion isn't all that expensive, I tend to lose things alot. And I like DX. Costs less, has animal pictures on it, grips nice, and I usually lose it before it's fully beaten in :p

Lost another one today, my 12th since July. Victim #8 at this one course. I stopped shedding tears after about the 5th loss.

Yesterday I played 5 new courses and didn't lose any. Makes no sense.

Funny fact: Ever so often I go through my bag and think "which of these disc could I not bear to lose?" Then I pull it out of my bag and retire it. It forces me to throw other stuff, either a different disc or a backup. A lot of the time when I go back and pull stuff that I think I can't live without, it's a disc I replaced something else I couldn't live without with. Once you have two discs you can't live without for the same shot, you de facto can live without one. :|

After they have been retired for a bit and life went on, I can un-retire them without being so pissy about losing them.

I've been pretty good about not losing discs in my 6 years. Now that I've said that, I'll probably go on a torrid losing streak. I try to only throw high visibility colors and discs that are fairly stock, so that helps a lot.

This year I've done a good job of keeping the discs out of the abyss. Only lost one playing at night because I hit some tree in the woods so hard the light flew off and went on a different trajectory compared to the disc...

The only time I have lost discs was when they went into the water hazards. Luckily I am good at finding discs otherwise. I also tend to lose them in clusters.I lost 4 discs in one round at a dg course on a golf course. Those water hazards are brutal. I lost 2 of those discs on really bad rolls.

I lost my 7 year old putter

I feel your pain. I had a 7 year old putter and lost it about a year ago.

I have a "back up" for most of my disc, but I still hate losing one. A man/woman and their disc build up a special relationship, a relationship of trust.

If you love something, you must set it free.

If it doesn't return, then it wasn't meant to be.

But if it returns to you, then it's true love.

Yes, I apply this principle to discs. :|

Cliff's Notes Version: You lose some, you find some. :D

Well, I found two that I would think the owners must miss deeply, but the contact info is bad… Anyone know of a Dan Ellefson? How about a Jason "Leppy"? I have your discs. You lost them at School House Gulch and Watson lake in Prescott, AZ respectively.

We here in So. Cal. have it easy on lost discs but not nearly as much fun with water and deep thicket obsitcals.

1.5 years in - lost 4 discs and found 7 on land without ink but only one of those I really like and use.

Pulled 18 out of Yuciapa Regional park's only over the water hole while camping there last winter and two are staples in my bag.

Final 'good' disc tally - 4 lost and 3 found. Sort of feels like 1 over par LOL

Loosing plastic is the worst. Most of my lost discs were ones that were left sitting on a fairway during practice rounds. They always seem to be your best discs, too.

Anyone who says that lost discs are easy to replace must switch out discs pretty frequently. It is NOT easy to replace a perfectly seasoned disc, especially an OOP one. Even if you have backups, chances are none fly exactly the same as the one that was lost.

I think I have lost 8 in my 2.5 years of playing. Lost a Lace this year, I swear I watched it land in a bush, but that bush must have been a wrinkle in me universe because after my partner and I looked for an hour, we never found it. Also threw a brand new, gummy 150g champ TeeBird in a water hazard during a 20 minute "speed round" at a really short course I had never played before. Probably could have gotten it out, but I didn't have my lake rake and swimming in FL is a risky gamble with gators, snakes, and amoebic meningitis. Both were replaced easily so I moved on.

I did lose my favorite distance driver, a brand new pre flight numbers pink 167g star SL in the water hazard on my home course. Now they are basically out of production and impossible to find. Even though I have other discs that do the same thing that one does, the feeling of losing it and not being able to replace it has scared me into taking my 11X gazelles out of my bag. A few of my other treasures stay home when I'm playing high risk courses.

I should probably make my whole bag discs that work fine but I don't care about. But I guess many of us buy discs for more than just function, huh?

I did lose my favorite distance driver, a brand new pre flight numbers pink 167g star SL in the water hazard on my home course. Now they are basically out of production and impossible to find

I found a yellow, flat-top, preflight Star TL just last month in my local disc golf store.

dtworld.com... Give em a call, they might have SL's.

Speaking of found discs, is an ESP Wasp supposed to only go 280' no matter how much power you put on it?

I've never seen anything like this disc... glides Roc-ish til it hits 250' then just stops gliding and falls from the sky.

Latest posts